Aftermarket Headlights and led bulbs

1car2trucks

Respected
I'm needing help deciding what kind of aftermarket Headlights to put on my 2000 Civic. I'm wanting to use led bulbs with them, which I've already bought. My question is will the headlights work better or seem brighter (longer distance) with chrome reflective or blacked headlight lamps? Thanks for any help opinions, advice.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Alonsotl05

Respected
I'm needing help deciding what kind of aftermarket Headlights to put on my 2000 Civic. I'm wanting to use led bulbs with them, which I've already bought. My question is will the headlights work better or seem brighter (longer distance) with chrome reflective or blacked headlight lamps? Thanks for any help opinions, advice.

I have chrome (OEM housing) with aftermarket projectors and HIDs that Installed myself. The light output is great only it's a pain to line up the projectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1car2trucks

Respected
Thanks for your reply and the pics. I'm not wanting the halo projector type setup. Mine are just a straight LED bulb that replaces the oem bulb. So, i may not have the problem of lining up like yours. But, I'm thinking that the chrome reflector type headlamp will probably produce the brighter output, even though the black background ones do look kinda cool..

Alonsotl05

Respected
Thanks for your reply and the pics. I'm not wanting the halo projector type setup. Mine are just a straight LED bulb that replaces the oem bulb. So, i may not have the problem of lining up like yours. But, I'm thinking that the chrome reflector type headlamp will probably produce the brighter output, even though the black background ones do look kinda cool..

Oh okay gotcha! Yeah man I'd say chrome for sure has more output

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My question is will the headlights work better or seem brighter (longer distance) with chrome reflective or blacked headlight lamps?
Using some common sense, and the fact black absorbs light, what reflects more, chrome or black?

Drakon543

I've never noticed a difference with the straight chrome or black chrome. probably is better chrome but the difference is minor so I go with what I think looks better.

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've never noticed a difference with the straight chrome or black chrome. probably is better chrome but the difference is minor so I go with what I think looks better.
As long as the part that the light is supposed to reflect off of is chrome, you should be fine.

Drakon543

ya I stay away from the smoked lenses but the black chrome reflector ones look sweet. if my wife would stop damaging my civic I'd have money to buy a decent pair for this vehicle

nd4sped

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Your beam pattern will be better if you used reflective on your headlights
Headlights already come with a mirrored surface. No need to add reflective tape. BTW nice job resurrecting this thread from 2017 XD