Aftermarket Power Locks

atlcj0010

5+ Year Member
I have a 2003 Honda Civic DX.. I am looking at putting in a power lock kit.. When I took off the panel I seem to have a rod and a cable.. I bought the rod kit already.. The rod goes from the key lock to somewhere into the actual push down lock.. would i be able to hook up the rod kit to the rod coming from the keyhole and have that work? I do not care if I cant use the key anymore.. the actual keyhole doesnt work anymore anyway.. ok well thanks in advance.. if you need more info, please let me know.. thanks..

02EXSILVER

I have a monkey?
5+ Year Member
You can connect you lock kit to the rod that moves up and down. It's the one that opperates the "lock knob". If you think of it, if your in the car and move the "knob" down, the door locks, and up, it unlocks. It shouldnt be too hard to install, you'll just need power.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you have problems on install I can put you in touch with a guy in north jersey who has done it!

I

atlcj0010

5+ Year Member
cool thanks everyone.. i am going to attempt to do it on thursday and/or friday.. i will let you all know how it turns out.. thanks for all your help.. if you have any hints or help you would like to offer til then please do.. thanks..

atlcj0010

5+ Year Member
pon55 said:
If you have problems on install I can put you in touch with a guy in north jersey who has done it!

I
Can you get him for me.. I am looking at possibly having to spend another 50 to get the cable lock assembly.. if you can get him to help me i would really appreciate it.. Thanks

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
atlcj0010 said:
Can you get him for me.. I am looking at possibly having to spend another 50 to get the cable lock assembly.. if you can get him to help me i would really appreciate it.. Thanks
pm me your e-mail :thumbs up