Aftermarket sunroofs

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DX didn't come with one. Not really all that necessary up here on the east coast, nice to have, but i'd rather drive with the windows down and music cranked anyways :D

Sunroof would just be nice for the long trips, especially when i'm having a smoke

nurevEKcivic00

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
postal21 said:
wow. NO AC? I didnt realize they made cars in the last 20 years without AC... that is suicide my friend.
is he serious^^^, its not that it didnt come with it.... many people remove it for weight reduction... or if they are running a turbo kit that doesnt allow them to fit it with the ac in there they will also have to remove it becuase of that reason

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nurevEKcivic00 said:
is he serious^^^, its not that it didnt come with it.... many people remove it for weight reduction... or if they are running a turbo kit that doesnt allow them to fit it with the ac in there they will also have to remove it becuase of that reason
Actually... it is that it didn't come with it. His DX did not come with A/C. Some people prefer it that way. Some places don't need A/C. Why buy somethign you don't need?

And removing it for weight reduction is .... special to say the least. The entire assembly doesn't weight that much, and for a daily driver generally speaking unles you don't use it it's just not worth removing. I know it has a bit of parasitic drain on the motor, but removing it on a daily driver is not going to free up that much power.

If you want a car that when you remove parts it gets faster, go buy yourself a DSM.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
AC wasn'ta priority for me. Like I say, rather be crusing with the windows down anyways. Short summers up here anyways, so it's not that bad.

Plus, murphy's law kicked in. I was looking to buy a 'teg at the time, but of course, people either wanted far too much for them, or they were automatic. Think I could find a 5 spd Si? Of course not.....so i buy the DX, and then guess what starts surfacing everywhere I look.

Like I said....murphy's law......

chadi

chuatZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know its kinda old...but if you were still looking or planning on doin it..

http://www.inalfasunroofs.com/

thats the place my friend got his sunroof from...an autobody cutom shop did the install...the whole thing ran him about 500

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
heheheh. No A/C :lol:

If a new car dealer ordered a car without air conditioning down here, it would rot on his lot.

Even the most base model Ford Ranger XL with, deleted radio, vinyl floor and vinyl bench seat has A/C in Texas, Louisiana, or Oklahoma.

You know when you see a Civic DX on a used car lot here with no A/C, that it wasn't originally intended for sale in TX,OK, or LA. If it was, the new car dealer that originally sold it lost his ass on the deal.

But like Amy said, some markets don't need it. $lick Rick has (or had) an EX with no A/C.