Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
those tails arent bad.. er won't look bad on a black civic...

i still think the JDM/CDM sedan tails are better than the OEM USDM tails though

as for coupes, haven't seen any yet myself

HeadlightArmor

5+ Year Member
If you are going for a darker look you might want to think about one of our smoked taillight film kits. The are an easy DIY project and you can remove them at some point in the future if you want to return the vehicle to stock (you can only use them once though) We have them for both the new coupes and sedans

www.HeadlightArmor.com
Premium Vehicle Lighting Protection

jcmrules said:
I saw these on ebay but they are only for the sedans. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-07-HONDA-CIVIC-DX-LX-EX-4D-SEDAN-BLACK-TAIL-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ110000472557QQihZ001QQcategoryZ33716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemLIGHTS_W0QQitemZ290000504446QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
My question is has anybody seen any lights for the coupes? these are black housing but there are also some chrome ones. I want black housing for my coupes.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
black on the metallic looks sick.

those are headlights, but ehhh you get the idea.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sion0x said:
black on the metallic looks sick.
to each their own... I was thinking of those black projectors, but seeing all black now on silver, not as good as I tthought i would look. Maybe with a CF hood though

I'll stick with my current look

(fogs going in soon)

HeadlightArmor

5+ Year Member
Keep in mind with our Standard Smoked Taillight Film installed the bright red parts of the taillight turn a deep rich burgundy in the afternoon sun. Think a bit darker than a factory AMG taillight.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The kits that are film use adhesive to stay on when they either start tearing or you remove them the problem of removal and the glue it will leave behind.

HeadlightArmor

5+ Year Member
Not sure if that is a question or a statement? We use a premium material that is ~8x thicker than typical ebay 'overlays' made from sign vinyl. They are about 3x what typical clear bra / paint protection film. You would be very hard pressed tear them. As far as removing them 5-7 years down the road goes there are a lot of factors that will effect the amount of effort needed, including temp at removal, method of removal, method of application, surface material (glass / plastic), and luck. The material we use was originally developed to protect your headlights, and is now available in various tinted forms for both headlights and taillights. It is NOT SIGN VINYL.

Hope that helps.

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't like the idea of making tail-lights darker, seems like a bad idea to me, especially on a silver car which happens to be one of those colors that disappears easily during bad weather.

I can certainly see a use for the yellow overlay on the head lights though, or the clear too since we all know how famous the oxidised Honda headlight look it.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
LowNotSlow said:
I don't like the idea of making tail-lights darker, seems like a bad idea to me, especially on a silver car which happens to be one of those colors that disappears easily during bad weather.

I can certainly see a use for the yellow overlay on the head lights though, or the clear too since we all know how famous the oxidised Honda headlight look it.
Thats why most people opt for the plastic smoke covers which can be easily removed and installed. I would rather leave them plain then spend over 100 bucks for vinyl, plastic definitely but not vinyl.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was looking through the stuff the site sponsor has...

I must say, the blue and yellow headlight films look nice.

Too bad I already smoked my tails and heads already. =/

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like the black head lights but its just not my style.

FG1R18

5+ Year Member
i honestly think OEM lights are the way to go...er...the way to stay.

the yellow lamin-x looks good if it was layed only over the auto daytime lights, not over the whole thing. other than that, the OEM headlights are sick as they are, too. black housing, with amber sides. i knwo to other people, but that's how i wanted my lights.