Ahhhh Slowwww

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i told you gys my car was slowwww. Well today i finally actually honest to god raced someone...it was after work, and there is stretch of straght flat road leaving the work place, its about 1 mille long. Well this guy in a camaro wanted to race, but knew his ponies were to much, so took on another friend, car: 198? toyota camry DX. Well i thought it would be a good race, NOPE....lol after we got to about 60(bout 15 seconds later lol) he came screaming by and now i hate my car, and really wisht i had the money right now for my new motor, becuase i know realize how horrible my cars motor is :(

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
y do you talk like you are suprised and that you know nothing about cars?

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol the way im reading this just sounds like you got your hopes up...hehe....thats all

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hehe could you point out where i got my hopes up...stating that my car is slow anyways, and what not, doesnt show high hopes does it???

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah, thats not getting hopes up, getting hopes up is saying, yeah and this car i know was going to spanked...not saying it was going to be a good race....

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont trip man, i know how you feel. im starting to gain a reputation of being the 2nd slowest car at the track

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol thats the one reason i wont go to the track....the second is the closest one is 170 miles away :(

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My car is slow as hell too, but i love my honda :headbang:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oh. way too far to drive just to run slow times. i live 10 minutes away from sac raceway. yeah, driving slow at the track sucks, it gets you hella down about your car. but you have to remember LOVE YOUR HONDA

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
woah dude. do something about that avator. its eff'in everything up

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not messin me up??? maybe he already fixed it :?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, admin fixed it already. it was taking up like half of the screen. its all good, he has the noob excuse

shaundrake

Project 20V AE92 RIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
First get fast with a slow car, build your suspension, then get a fast engine. If you skip the first step, you will forever be slow.

Trust me, a 1.5 SOHC non VTEC with a measly 100 hp is all you need to get started. Honda gearing and I/H/E makes for plenty of potential.

Ha ha unless you got the CX.

Build your suspension as you learn to drive. As you learn, you will know what you need. Build up your car in increments and do a lot of reading about suspension tuning along the way. First thing a Civic needs is chassis stiffening. Front and rear strut braces and maybe a roll bar. Next get a big fat rear sway bar and a tie bar.

Actually, first before anything you should get good pads/rotors and tires. For autoX, good brakes will vastly improve your lap times.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i dont autoX, and dont talk to me like a noob lol, civics have pretty stiff chassis to begin with, and trust me if i get my motor before suspension im going to be faster, no matter what my suspension is like......

KennyC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with the money ur gonna use to swap and turbo u could sell ur car add that money and get an SI ?