airfuel guages?

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wherecan i get a good cheap air/fuel ratio guage and a one pod a pillar guage pod? and do you just wire those guages inline with one of the o2s?

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got my cf auto meter dual gauge pod from optionsauto.com. $44 shipped 2-day :thumbup:

TurboZinc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can get an air/fuel gauge just about anywhere. Autometer makes an a/f gauge with a carbon fiber back.
Those gauges are total crap. If you just want a light show then get it, but don't expect it to be too accurate. If you want an accurate reading of your a/f get a pyrometer or even a wideband o2 sensor.
I'm pretty sure that the cheap a/f gauges just wire into the factory o2 sensor(s).

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yep, hes right and right. a/f gauge equals light show unless youre at full throttle, and it just goes right to the o2 sensor. its pretty easy job to do, but i dont think its worth it. im keeping mine for now because i spent money on it and havent quite figured out what i would replace it with

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
WHITE IS THE KEY

When you wire the Air/Fuel gauge to the stock O2 sensor it connects to the white wire because there are 4 on the O2. I forget which one it is but if you wire to a certain wire on the O2 the "check engine" light will come on.

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well if its USDM it would be on the front of the motor....
look for 4 wires all together

DragonHeart

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Ominous Civic X
well if its USDM it would be on the front of the motor....
look for 4 wires all together
The front of the motor... meaning the side that is facing me when I open the hood? is it near the vtec solenoid or somewhere there abouts?

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mad Tachs

That place has a ton of gauges, the Lunar has the pyrometer and the af ratio. Don't buy them just cause they are pretty.