alarm system install on 96-98 Civic info/guide

alex_n/a

stocker
I am installing a Carvox cx-999 alarm system in my 96 Honda Civic cx, with no power windows or power locks so I will not be plugging in all the features. I have put together a basic wire diagram from a 96-98 civic. and a basic diagram from the alarm itself. I did not make the diagrams my self just joined them. so credit should go to the creators.

• 96-98 Honda Civic Alarm Wire Diagram:
  • 12volts white (40A) + ignition harness
  • Starter black/white + ignition harness
  • Second Starter N/A
  • Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
  • Second Ignition N/A
  • Third Ignition N/A
  • Accessory yellow + ignition harness
  • Second Accessory white/black + ignition harness
  • Keysense blue/white to blue/red - ignition harness
  • Power Lock green/white - driver kick, blue plug
  • Power Unlock green/orange - driver kick, blue plug
  • Lock Motor white/red 5wi driver kick, door harness
  • Unlock Motor blue/red to yellow/red 5wi pwr door lock ctrl unit in driv door
  • Parking Lights+ red/black + driver kick, fuse box
  • Parking Lights- N/A
  • Hazards same as turn signal wires
  • Turn Signal(L) green/red + steering column
  • Turn Signal(R) green/yellow + steering column
  • Reverse Light green/black + driver kick, harness to rear
  • Door Trigger lt. green/red - factory alarm plug
  • Dome Supervision lt. green/black - driv A pillar or factory alarm plug
  • Trunk/Hatch Pin blue/black - driver kick, harness to rear
  • Hood Pin N/A
  • Trunk/Hatch Release N/A
  • Power Sliding Door N/A
  • Factory Alarm Arm factory remote only
  • Factory Alarm Disarm factory remote only
  • Disarm No Unlock factory remote only
  • Tachometer blue ac test tachometer connector
  • Wait to start N/A
  • Brake Wire green/white + brake pedal switch
  • Parking Brake red/green - parking brake switch
  • Horn Trigger blue to gray - steering column
  • Memory Seat 1 N/A
  • Memory Seat 2 N/A
  • Memory Seat 3 N/A

• [*]Carvox cx-999 wire diagram
  • 5 Heavy Gauge Starter Harness in the Starter Module (ignition Switch Interface)
  • Purple Wire: Starter Output(+). (Connected to starter wire on ignition)
  • ORANGE WIRE: Accessory Output(+) (connected to heater/AC accessory wire on ignition)
  • PINK WIRE A: Ignition Output(+). (Connected to wire on ignition with +12v when on and when cranking)
  • PINK WIRE B: Ignition Output (+). (Connected to wire with on ignition with +12v when on and when cranking, yes two of my wires on the ignition do this)
  • RED WIRE: Main Power Input (+). (Connected to ignition wire with +12V always)
  • 7-pin Connector Secondary Harness for Remote Start (H4)
  • Pin1-3: Factory wiring to the remote start module. (Plugged into brain)
  • * pin4: BLUE/WHITE WIRE: (-) 200ma bypass output when remote start. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no factory alarm that I can find.)
  • * pin5: GREY/BLACK WIRE: Diesel wait-to-start bulb input. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, my car is not diesel)
  • * pin6: BLACK/WHITE WIRE :(-) Neutral Safety Witch Input. (Wired to a chassis ground) (my car is a manual, but for as long as I have driven a car I have never used the gear to lock it in place, I have always used the parking break with the car in neutral because the first car I ever owned had an alarm already installed, this is just instinct to me now, Later I plan to install a magnetic switch to the shifter that shows ground when the car is in neutral)
  • pin7: VIOLET/WHITE WIRE: Oil Sensor signal (Default). (This is wired to the wire that sends the signal to my tachometer, the manual says I should get between 1V to 6V (AC) at idle I get 3.5V to 4.5V which coincides with my cars idle fluctuation. If I give my car gas and rev it up to say 3,000 RPM it is well over 8V though.)
  • 10-Pin Connector Primary Harness (H1)
  • pin1: BROWN WIRE: Siren Output (+) (wired to red wire of siren and black wire of siren is grounded to chassis.)
  • * pin2: WHITE WIRE: Parking Light Output (+/-) (unhooked, having trouble figuring out which wire to tap this into, its just so that the parking lights blink, ill figure it out later, right now my primary concern is why the remote start will not work.)
  • * pin3: VIOLET: Unlock #87a Normally Closed. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need)
  • pin4: BLUE/BLACK: Unlock #30 Common (Output) (wired to ground wire used to signal unlock to doors)
  • pin5: BROWN/BLACK: Unlock #87 Normally Open (Input) (wired to a chassis ground)
  • * pin6: VIOLET/BLACK: Lock #87a normally closed. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need)
  • pin7: GREEN/BLACK: Lock #30 Common (Output) (wired to ground wire used to signal Lock to doors)
  • pin8: WHITE/BLACK: Unlock #87 Normally Open (Input) (wired to a chassis ground)
  • pin9: RED: Constant +12V Input. (Connected to ignition wire with +12V always)
  • pin10: BLACK: System Ground. (Wired to a chassis ground)
  • 6-pin Secondary Harness for Outputs (H2)
  • * pin1: ORANGE WIRE: Armed Output (-) 500mA. (Starter defeat, anti grind) (Left unhooked, optional?)
  • * pin2: BLUE WIRE: Second unlock (passenger unlock) (left unhooked, optional?)
  • * pin3: WHITE/BLACK WIRE: Auxiliary Channel 5 Output (left unhooked, optional?)
  • * pin4: PURPLE/BLACK WIRE: Auxiliary 4 Output (left unhooked, optional?)
  • * pin5: BLACK/WHITE WIRE: Dome Light Output (left unhooked, optional? what would this even be for?)
  • * pin6: RED/WHITE WIRE: Vehicle Trunk Release Wire (left unhooked, optional?)
  • 8-pin 2510 Harness for Inputs and Outputs (H3)
  • * pin1: GREEN/BLACK WIRE: Factory Disarm Output (-) 500mA (left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no factory alarm that I can find.)
  • * pin2: GREEN/WHITE WIRE: Factory Rearm Output (-) 500mA (left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no factory alarm that I can find.)
  • * pin3: BLACK WIRE: Optional Sensor Input (such as trunk pin switch) (left unhooked, optional)
  • * pin4: GREY WIRE: Hood Pin Input (-). Connect this wire to the hood pin switch, the switch must supply a ground output (-) when the switch is opened. This input will disable or shut down the remote start when the hood is opened. It will also trigger the security system if the hood is opened while the system is armed. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no hood pin yet came with alarm, I will get one later so people don’t steal parts out from under my hood.)
  • * pin5: BROWN WIRE: Brake Input (+). Connect to the wire that shows +12v when pressing the brake. The brown wire is a safety shutdown wire that must be connected. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, I am not even sure what the purpose of this wire is, so if the break is pushed what shuts down exactly when this is hooked up)
  • pin6: YELLOW WIRE: (+) Ignition Input of the key cylinder to alarm. (Connected to wire on ignition with +12v when on and when cranking)
  • pin7: GREEN WIRE: Negative Door Input (-). (Connected to wire that shows ground when any door is opened.)
  • * pin8: PURPLE WIRE: Positive Door Input (+). (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, I used the negative door input to sense when doors are opened.)
  • PERIPHERAL PLUG-in CONNECTORS
  • 7-pin white connector: two-way Transceiver Communication Port (plugged into brain)
  • 3-pin Black connector: Optional Sensory Input (unhooked for now, I have a microwave sensor, but don’t want to try hooking it up till I get everything else working the way it should)
  • 2-pin white connector: LED port. (Plugged into brain)
My wire setup
Purple Wire: Starter Output(+). (Connected to starter wire on ignition)
Starter black/white + ignition harness
ORANGE WIRE: Accessory Output(+) (connected to heater/AC accessory wire on ignition)
Accessory yellow + ignition harness
PINK WIRE A: Ignition Output(+). (Connected to wire on ignition with +12v when on and when cranking)
Ignition black/yellow + ignition harness
RED WIRE: Main Power Input (+). (Connected to ignition wire with +12V always)
Battery positive

7-pin Connector Secondary Harness for Remote Start (H4)
Pin1-3: Factory wiring to the remote start module. (Plugged into brain.
no plug to car
* pin4: BLUE/WHITE WIRE: (-) 200ma bypass output when remote start. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no factory alarm that I can find.)
no plug to car
* pin5: GREY/BLACK WIRE: Diesel wait-to-start bulb input. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, my car is not diesel)
no plug to car
* pin6: BLACK/WHITE WIRE :(-) Neutral Safety Witch Input.
Unkown
pin7: VIOLET/WHITE WIRE: Oil Sensor signal (Default). (This is wired to the wire that sends the signal to my tachometer, the manual says I should get between 1V to 6V (AC) at idle.)
Unknown

10-Pin Connector Primary Harness (H1)
pin1: BROWN WIRE: Siren Output (+) (wired to red wire of siren and black wire of siren is grounded to chassis.)
plugged
* pin2: WHITE WIRE: Parking Light Output (+/-)
Parking Lights+ red/black + driver kick, fuse box
* pin3: VIOLET: Unlock #87a Normally Closed. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need)
unknown
pin4: BLUE/BLACK: Unlock #30 Common (Output) (wired to ground wire used to signal unlock to doors)
unknown
pin5: BROWN/BLACK: Unlock #87 Normally Open (Input) (wired to a chassis ground)
unknown
* pin6: VIOLET/BLACK: Lock #87a normally closed. (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need)
unknown
pin7: GREEN/BLACK: Lock #30 Common (Output) (wired to ground wire used to signal Lock to doors)
unknown
pin8: WHITE/BLACK: Unlock #87 Normally Open (Input) (wired to a chassis ground)
unknown
pin9: RED: Constant +12V Input. (Connected to ignition wire with +12V always)
unknown
pin10: BLACK: System Ground. (Wired to a chassis ground)

6-pin Secondary Harness for Outputs (H2)
* pin1: ORANGE WIRE: Armed Output (-) 500mA. (Starter defeat, anti grind)
unknown
* pin2: BLUE WIRE: Second unlock (passenger unlock) (left unhooked, optional?)
unkown
* pin3: WHITE/BLACK WIRE: Auxiliary Channel 5 Output (left unhooked, optional?)
unknown
* pin4: PURPLE/BLACK WIRE: Auxiliary 4 Output (left unhooked, optional?)
unknown
* pin5: BLACK/WHITE WIRE: Dome Light Output (left unhooked, optional? what would this even be for?)
Dome Supervision lt. green/black - driv A pillar or factory alarm plug
* pin6: RED/WHITE WIRE: Vehicle Trunk Release Wire (left unhooked, optional?)
no plug to car

8-pin 2510 Harness for Inputs and Outputs (H3)
* pin1: GREEN/BLACK WIRE: Factory Disarm Output (-) 500mA (left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no factory alarm that I can find.)
no plug to car
* pin2: GREEN/WHITE WIRE: Factory Rearm Output (-) 500mA (left unhooked, shouldn’t need, no factory alarm that I can find.)
no plug to car
* pin3: BLACK WIRE: Optional Sensor Input (such as trunk pin switch) (left unhooked, optional)
no plug to car
* pin4: GREY WIRE: Hood Pin Input (-).
pluged
* pin5: BROWN WIRE: Brake Input (+). Connect to the wire that shows +12v when pressing the brake.
Brake Wire green/white + brake pedal switch
pin6: YELLOW WIRE: (+) Ignition Input of the key cylinder to alarm. (Connected to wire on ignition with +12v when on and when cranking)
Starter black/white + ignition harness
pin7: GREEN WIRE: Negative Door Input (-). (Connected to wire that shows ground when any door is opened.)
Door Trigger lt. green/red - factory alarm plug
* pin8: PURPLE WIRE: Positive Door Input (+). (Left unhooked, shouldn’t need, I used the negative door input to sense when doors are opened.)
no plug to car

PERIPHERAL PLUG-in CONNECTORS
7-pin white connector: two-way Transceiver Communication Port (plugged into brain)
no plug to car
3-pin Black connector: Optional Sensory Input (unhooked for now, I have a microwave sensor, but don’t want to try hooking it up till I get everything else working the way it should)
no plug to car
2-pin white connector: LED port. (Plugged into brain)
unknown

blue= Alarm harness
Green= vehicle harness
red= I need help on where to connect on vehicle harness
not plugged to car= connection does not apply to vehicle harness / or does not apply to this install

Links for more info:
civic diagram 96-00
http://www.jdmchat.com/showthread.php?t=1434

alarm install on 96-00 (stealth install)
http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/version6/stealth_alarm/ek_civic/index.html

carvox cx-999 manual download link
http://www.carvox.net/detail_display.aspx?id=7

carvox cx-999 wire diagram (detailed version someone made)
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/radiostar-alarm-systems/128893-need-some-help-with-an-alarm.html

Can someone help me finish the wiring setup. There are a few connection I don't know where to plug in.(in red)