Almost Done!!!

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The time I have been waiting for is almost here. You know all those parts in my profile that say "In The Mail"? Those all came in and we have started to install them. Right now we have all the bushings installed minus the control arm bushings. The control arm bushings are going to be pressed tomorrow morning, and then we will install the shocks and springs, then put on the wheels. Before we install the rear shocks we have to take of the cap part on the top, and will probably have to cut the bolts on top of the shock because whoever had the car before me decided to do a half-ass job when they repaired it (so who knows what else they fugged up, and so much for the dealership telling me a granny drove it before me). I got black wheels instead of gun metal to go more with the JDM look. I will wash it when I get done and take pics of it. The only thing left to arrive is the carbon fiber hood. I think the place I got it from is giving me free shipping for screwing up the order...which is cool =) I will have new pics ASAP. I am really excited about it finally all getting done that I had to post whore!

nightkids1

Old School Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
post some pics when your all done

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cant wait to see these pix

too bad abot the dealership lyin to yah... go sue em...

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We have now spent from 2pm on thursday to 7am the following morning (all night :() on the thing. Everything went in correctly (sorta)...but because of the suspention being worn the parts don't exactly fit how they are supposed to. This would be ok if we were using stock bushings...but they Enegy urathane bushings are REALLY STIFF...which will be awesome when it is on the rode...but are really hard to press in and install. We came to do the sway bar at about 2 am and we tried everything under the sun to get it on...nothing doing. The suspention wouldn't budge at all....so we just took it to a shop to be finished. Our garage just didn't have the tools we need. I will pick it up when i get back to Louisiana (in Indiana right now!)

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dood this is an old thread....cars been done for 2 months