alrght 6th gen'ers... lets get it together

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
allright... ive searched CC, honda-tech, and a few other sites... and i cant seem to find a DIY for ctr grill for a 99-00 coupe... and i know there is a diy thread for 98 and below but the 99-00 grill is diff... if u know how... or have done it youself... lemme know... ctr grills look way sick

AqueousFila

Keeping it Tru'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you have a pic of one?

GOOSE

JDM yo!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think its hard i would do one but i aint got a 99-00 civic to do it on.. i did mine but i got a 98.. i would do my bro's but he has an Si.. theres gotta be one somewhere... keep looking...

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The 99-00 DIY grille is alot trickier than the 96-98 DIY. You have to dremel the middle bracket out and bondo / sand it over on the sides because the middle bracket is hollow. Once you bondo / sand repaint it to match then set mesh behind grille.

To remove grille open hood, take out mushroom clips on top of grille. Remove bolts below bumper and a screw on each side near the wheel well. Then you can easially take the grille off the bumper. Take it apart. Its 2 or 3 pieces at work dont have my DIY I made in front of me. You have to dremel the middle bracket out and bondo / sand it over on the sides because the middle bracket is hollow. Once you bondo / sand repaint it to match then set mesh behind grille. If you dont bondo / sand there will be v shapes on the inside of the grille and it will look really ugly, like I said because the middle bracket is hollow. Hope this helped a little bit.

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You can do it ^^^ I just explained how. BUT WARNING: (should have mentioned this sooner) Removing the middle plastic bracket will make the structure weaker and will be easy to break!

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Si grill fool's :twisted: ...just three screws in the back of the emblem...

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
dude, thats harsh. but he's right, the trick to that sexy grill is just the removable emblem. thats actually the first "modification" i EVER did to my car!

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The emblem isn't the only part though because there is a horizontal bridge between the top and bottom parts of the grille, atleast there is on my 00 ex...

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ummm correct me if im wrong but an EJ8 is not an SI, and it has same grille as an EX....

RiceGirl

Luv my labbie
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here's what I did when I changed my factory grill on my VSM Ex...

I meet cool friend on a honda website that lived in my area and that friend worked in the Honda parts department. So, he sold me the Si grill at a discount price, which cost about $70. =) And when I got the grill painted, I just went to local professional paint stores and asked if they knew anyone who did any "under the table" work, and I only paid $30 for the paint job. =)

The reason why I told you this is that there are other options out there..

Good luck..

Team2000

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have some pics, when I removed my H from my grill.... need me to post some?

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Frostee said:
Ummm correct me if im wrong but an EJ8 is not an SI, and it has same grille as an EX....
here braniac... ej8=ex... si=em1... ex ans si (ej8 and em1) have same body config... mostly... meaning the grill size it same... thats where everyone is getting confused though... my ej8 doesnt have the same grill as the em1... its diffy... lol did that make sence?

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mugenkid18 said:
dude, thats harsh. but he's right, the trick to that sexy grill is just the removable emblem. thats actually the first "modification" i EVER did to my car!
hes just being gay cuz his was easier to do than mine and he knows it...

Frostee

OMG?! IS IT A HONDER!?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Exactly, he cant just take out the middle emblem becuase its not an SI grille its an EX grille, so what I told him is what to do unless he does what ricegurl posted or buys one.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
bought one for 55 shipped... im over the diy...

shadowcrosser

Nick
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Rubixcu7 said:
here braniac... ej8=ex... si=em1... ex ans si (ej8 and em1) have same body config... mostly... meaning the grill size it same... thats where everyone is getting confused though... my ej8 doesnt have the same grill as the em1... its diffy... lol did that make sence?
Not to pee on anyones parade, but isn't it a whole lot easier to just say "99 Civic DX" or "00 Civic EX". I know the JDM thing is trendy and all, but c'mon, I fail to see the use of getting bent out of shape over the use of the entire English alphabet and numbers 0-9 to describe your car.

I didn't mean this as a knock to anyone, but just a little heads-up to not take it so seriously. I think we're all here to have some fun, not tear down others.

Rubixcu7

Not Fittin In...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey my name is nick too... but hey... its not jdm... my usdm vin says ej8...