Amazing Statement By Honda Service Man

briandc1

vroom.
5+ Year Member
me - "i would like to know about how much labor costs would be to install the underbody spoiler to my 06 ex."
honda - "sure let me check here...and did the part guy give you a quote on the parts already?"
me - "oh i'm actually going through another party for the parts. "
honda - "oh ok...ya lets see here. (brief moment) here we go. ya it would be about $150 for install and id say plus another $50 for miscellaneous things."
me - "miscellaneous? what kind of miscellaneous things?"
honda - "miscellaneous things like broken clips.."

he went on but i was still stuck on 'broken clips'. :evil: last time i checked they were suppose to be professionls...? has anyone had the underbody spoilers installed on their ex or si for that matter and have an approximate cost for doing so? itd be helpful if you lived in the northeast ohio area.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I doubt it'd be as likely to happen on a brand new car... but on older Hondas the clips can be crap. Sure, they'll hold parts on, but if you want to remove that part and put somethign back on you better go buy more clips. Some of the clips seem to react badly to the weather and so they turn either brittle or very rubbery. More often than not they seem to get a little of both... Like my clips that hold on my fender liner. If you remove them they're first a pain in the ass to remove, but the caps oof them that you can see just break off in chunks. Then you have nothing to grab aold of but the part in the car seems nice and sturdy. Like it's grabbing inside the car (like it should).

I don't think they shoudl charge you for "we might break these" though.

I don't imagine it's that difficult to install though and I'd imagine most people could figure it out themself.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how about

f**k the dealer

man up and install it yourself... :thumbup:

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Why would they charge so much for a what is basically a lip kit? They are trying to rip you off son f**k da dealership. The underbody spoiler will take 1 hour tops to install and the kits come with al the hardware/ instructions. Try a small body shop perferably owned and operated by mexicans as long as your nice we dont rip you off =).

TippinOver

reppin the 2StockCrew
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
underbody spoiler?

like...a piece thats under the engine, or a lip???

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SeanJohn1802 said:
how about

f**k the dealer

man up and install it yourself... :thumbup:
:werd:
....and i work at a dealer....

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
underbody spoilers/body kits are different from lip kits.

lip kits are just put on front/side/rear bumpers.

body kits (also called underbody spoilers) usually replace the entire bumper on the car. but now that isn't always the face. you can buy cheap 'body kits' that work the same way as lip kits do.. just put them on the bumper.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:
underbody spoilers/body kits are different from lip kits.

lip kits are just put on front/side/rear bumpers.

body kits (also called underbody spoilers) usually replace the entire bumper on the car. but now that isn't always the face. you can buy cheap 'body kits' that work the same way as lip kits do.. just put them on the bumper.
Everything I see seems to point towards underbody spoilers being lip kits, not body kits.

"In addition, an underbody kit, spoiler, limited edition A-SPEC steering wheel, "A-SPEC" badge on the back, and 18 in wheels are standard issue on the A-SPEC package."

Maybe he'lll get back in though and tell us what it is according to his dealership.