Angels and Airwaves CD..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Anyone have it? What do you think of it?

I have it, and I think it's a good CD.. Nice sound to me..

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i downloaded most of it....meh, didnt really like it. like two good songs

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Kind of a different sound for Tom Delonge, some of it sounds ok, but I HATE the way he is acting about it. Like this is going to change the world, you close your eyes and it takes you to a different place, that it's the most amazing thing he's ever been apart of...

Dear Tom Delonge,
Blink 182 was good. Boxcar Racer was good. Angels and Airwaves is alright. Stop acting like you are Bono or Ghandi. It's a little different, but in the end it's still mediocre pop rock. When you hype it up the way that he did, even the most amazing music in the world would be a letdown. It works with a lot of people, convincing them that it's a musical breakthrough, and that it's gonna change the world before they hear it, but not me.

I'm not a huge fan of the sound anyway. Just how he acts and talks in the video and in interviews really puts me off about it. Go to their myspace page or their website and just read the stuff he writes...It just puts me off. I wouldn't buy it. Bring Boxcar Racer back.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I miss Boxcar and Blink too. I wish Boxcar did more than just one album (I met the two nonblink guys in the parking lot before a show and they were really cool too. They actually came up to me, rather than me try and get to them.)

The Adventure, there current single is pretty good in my opinion. I havent heard any other songs, but I'd like to. But I dunno, No matter how good this band is - I'm still going to miss the childish antics of Blink.

ryanM

IMO it is an amazing cd. i love it. altho i still think blink and boxcar were both better. my one regret in life is not seeing blink live before they broke up. but i still like AVA

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I miss Boxcar Racer. I liked blink-182 for a long time too. Those were both great. i was happy to hear there was another spinoff.. but kind of let down. Definately doesn't sound nearly as good as the other ones.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I saw Blink live once on their last tour, which they hadn't announced as their last tour, but I'm really glad I saw them before they broke up. Blink and Boxcar were both great bands, Blink was a huge part of my high school and junior high life and they influenced me more than any other band to get into music myself. I still listen to Boxcar a lot they were in some ways better than Blink...Angels and Airwaves I'm just not fond of at all. I'm sick of frontmen trying to be all artsy and different, just let the music do that for you :what:

Anyone ever heard of Plus 44? It's Mark and Travis's new band...hasn't really got of the ground I think they only put one demo up on their purevolume and theres not drums in it...its not good at all. IMO Tom should have gotten Boxcar back and made another album, and Mark and Travis should not have done Plus 44 :lol:

surfer4life722

you can touch it...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
angel and airwaves is aight...they only really have a couple good songs but they get really old really quick...i think the whole boxcar racer era was alot better than this one

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
K-Mart Faux Punk.

It's crap. It's as bad as that stupid twat Avril Lavigne.
Do us a favor Avril....Take SOD's advice and Kill Yourself.

While you're at it kill Good Charlotte, New Found Glory, and Green Day too. Maybe SR71...maybe not I'm still undecided on whether or not they get to live. At any rate, I wanna' see a wave of poseur suicides sweep the nation.

"I'm a punk...grrrrrr.....what are the Sex Pistols? I never heard of them. I'm a punk"Avril lavigne
I'm waiting for someone like MC Lars to take down BlinkAngelsand182Airwaves.

That will be funny. :lol: Not that MC Lars is any more punk than Blink....

Tiso

Tello !
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^^Come on, you didn't like SR71? It was very catchy lol

Pretty good CD overall. If Tom is trying to get away from his Blink/Box CAr image, he never will.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
===========
Why do you play so fast...to be cool?
If you think you'll last....you're just fools
Trying to be something...that you're not
And all you do is fill our ears...with rot

You claim to play hardcore
Well that's a bunch of s**t
You're just a bunch of snot nosed kids
A real group of tits
You make the bed you lay in
I bet it's made of s**t
You think you're all so macho
I bet you all have clits

You're just a douche crew
f**k YOU!!

We offered you our hands
You just turned your backs
You're just a bunch of poser douchebag faggot dickless hacks
Wearin all their douchy clothes
They love to watch each other pose
They're all the same, so f**kin lame
We'll shove their spikes right up their holes

f**k YOU!!
You make the bed you lay in
I bet it's made of s**t
You think you're all so macho
I bet you all have clits

f**k YOU!!

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'm not into the whole scene and who's punk and who's not. I know a lot of people are posuers :lol: I'm just in it for what I like to listen to. If it seems to have some promise, I give it some chance, and will generally like.

Angels and Airwaves is nowhere near as good as Blink or Boxcar, but I do kinda like the CD. It'll get old in a couple days tho.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't care what genre Boxcar Racer or anything else is... if I like how it sounds, I like how it sounds.

Sometimes I care if they're retarded people but generally it's just how it sounds. This whole pop punk whatever music... some of it's ok, some of it's not. All I know is on my iPod it gets shuffeled under the category of pop punk so if I want to hear The Clash I don't get interuptted by some lighter song by a more modern artist.

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, in all fairness The Clash is fairly pop-punk itself. And it's Mick Jones' offshoot Big Audio Dynamite and Big Audio Dynamite II are as pop as John Lydon's Public Image Limited. No one is ever going to confuse The Clash with The Exploited, Black Flag, The Dead Kennedys, MDC, The Dicks...etc...or any other 80's hardcore punk band or even lighter skate bands like Jodie Foster's Army. The Clash got lots of radio play and were continously on MTV (you know...back when MTV played music) But The Clash to me does not feel as soul-less as the current crop of pop-punk. I actually like The Clash. Train in Vain is one of my all time favorites and it is decidedly pop. Hell, I even like Third Eye Blind's cover of it.

It's all Avril Lavingne's fault.
I could probably stomach faux-commercial grade "punk" a little better if it wasn't for that little b***h. :lol:

Her and Billy Joe need some help with their eye makeup

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
.... Billy Joe need some help with their eye makeup
:lol:

i liked him better when he wore sweaters all the time

Hatch_Of_Doom

death's just death
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like Blink and Boxcar Racer a LOT more.

This got to trendy for me.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DeLonge says, "We would literally shut the blinds, dim all the lights, put Stanley Kubrick's 2001 on the flat-screen TV and take these Stephen Ambrose World War II books, with these two-page spreads of cities burning and people dying, and we'd paste them all over the wall. So on one end of the room, you'd have the endless hope of space, and on the other end you'd have the worst of humanity, and then in the middle, we'd write a love song."

:???:

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Who else thinks Travis does some killer LIVE drum solos?

I just have images of him flipping upside down and banging out one hell of a solo. Blink had some decent live shows.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
Who else thinks Travis does some killer LIVE drum solos?

I just have images of him flipping upside down and banging out one hell of a solo. Blink had some decent live shows.
There's an insane video of him doing some beats on a solo.. IT's like.. :shock: