another shitty life story

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
But oh well, i have sat here so long and pondered what the f**k im doing in life, am i doing the right thing. My girl is moving to Pflugerville/Austin area, so im going to, its just so hard cuz i have plans also. am i supposed to just drop them for her? i dont know i guess i just make everything a big deal for no reason. the other thing that makes me upset is that i doubt i can afford to move there, and i have had one to many long distance realashionships, and i know what the out come is going to be if i stay here.. idk its just alot for me to think about, i thought that CC might have a few kind words to make me feel better, idk if i get flamed for this i really dont care.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dood, you are 20. Don't go and mess up your life because of a female. You will just end up resenting her if things don't work out and the relationship will go to s**t anyways. That is my 2cents.

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Course, last week I was drinking alone and making really dumass posts because I got dumped. She did come crawling back though...so......yeah.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
Fawks said:
Dood, you are 20. Don't go and mess up your life because of a female. You will just end up resenting her if things don't work out and the relationship will go to s**t anyways. That is my 2cents.
Yeah but the thing is, i forgot to say is i have been married sence i was 18, i got her pregnet so my dad forced me to marry her but i didnt care. but we soon found out that she had a miscarrige. but we get along so well and love each other so much we stayed together. I just dont want to up and leave her. i mean i have been married to her for 2 years. so its so frustrating for me. I feel like im picking between my wife or my schooling and the rest of my life. I really dont want to leave her cuz i do love her, and i do want to be with her for the rest of my life, she is one of the main reasons im not into dumbass things anymore, she is the reason i quit smoking sigs and drinking, i mean i have a few every once and a while with my buddies, but i dont drink to get trashed anymore. As you can tell she means ALOT to me, so i really have been having some hard times this past 2 weeks..

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
how much longer are you gonna be in school for? you'll have to pardon my canadian ignorance, but how dfar away is she relocating?

best words of advice that I can offer is to simply follow your heart

Fawks

Applesauce b***h!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oh, married.... Well that is differen't.....hmmm. I have never been married, soo.... Well, the only thing I can tell you is that long-distance relationships very seldom work. So that is not an option. Good luk.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:
how much longer are you gonna be in school for? you'll have to pardon my canadian ignorance, but how dfar away is she relocating?

I have one year left that is starting in july. She has 3 years still. I dont know, i decited to go ahead and get apartment down down there. and get signed up for school so i dont miss out. its just so frustrating, and worriesome.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
renegadex96 said:

She is moving to Austin from fort worth, so its about 3 hours, ahh like 200ish miles.

renegadex96

Captain Obvious
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well at least it wasn't that far away, had you decided to stay put. Good luck with everything down there, schooling and relationship wise.

she must be happy, you've decided to head up with her

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's only 3 hours. Will it suck that you won't see her as much? Hell yes. So maybe take turns back and forth taking the trip very couple of weeks. Keep in contact over the phone of course. And maybe once in awhile contact through emails (don't want to use that as a crutch though since it's often more impersonal). IM is good too. Cheaper than phone calls and still close to as personal. Maybe you could even get some cheap webcams for each other?

Anyway, I wouldn't end it right away because of this. My Mom and stepdad had to do this for awhile too when my stepdad was a truck driver down south (GA compared to DE).

I see you've decided to just go to school down there and get an apartment. Sounds like a good idea. =) Good luck.

SiRcivic27

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Long distance sucks, my girlfriend and I have done it for the last 3 summers. Its great when we get back to school because I HATE talking on the phone, not just to her but to anyone. But if you've been married for 2 years and really love each other I think that you could last at least one more year until you're out of school. Keep in mind though that I dont know you or your girlfriend so I dont know what your relationship is like. But if you trade off on driving to see each other its not that bad. But if you do move wtih her to Austin I cant blame you... good luck!

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
SiRcivic27 said:
Long distance sucks, my girlfriend and I have done it for the last 3 summers. Its great when we get back to school because I HATE talking on the phone, not just to her but to anyone. But if you've been married for 2 years and really love each other I think that you could last at least one more year until you're out of school. Keep in mind though that I dont know you or your girlfriend so I dont know what your relationship is like. But if you trade off on driving to see each other its not that bad. But if you do move wtih her to Austin I cant blame you... good luck!
Well as of today at 1PM i now have an apartment in austin. I will be moving in the 17 of july.. Its going to be hard cuz its a new town and all, and im moving on a tight buget. i guess the main reason i decided to move is im a "what it person", there are those what if i was cheeted on, cuz she is so far away. i wouldnt know she did it, she chould do it cuz she is lonely or some thing. the reason i say this is she cheeted on her ex for me.. she says she wouldnt do it to me cuz she loves me to much, but i dont know. i guess im just afraid that she is going to leave me cuz where to far apart. but im a parinoid person, thats just how i am...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my girlfriend lives 736 miles away from me. it sucks, but we are still going strong :D

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Hell, for about a month my boyfriend lived a coutry away from me. :lol:

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your married to her, why is she just moving like that, shouldnt you guys come to an agreement of some sort?

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
if your married to her, why is she just moving like that, shouldnt you guys come to an agreement of some sort?
yeah welll one of the agreements was that we would get out schooling out of the way, no matter the cost. So im not holding that against her. its just that its going to cost alot of money to live there, some of you might say why not live with her and her mother. well me and her mom are not on the best of terms.. i mean i did get her pregnet and got married befor she was out of highschool.. so she really doesent like me. honestly i think it would be better if she lived with her mother just cuz it will cost me less money for both of us.. here is a link to the aparments, http://www.aspensquare.com/portfolio/prop.asp i will living in the floor plan that is 775sq its huge but its alot of money..

connies96hatchie

Reinvent Your Shell!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Moving in with someone just to keep tabs on them and make sure they don't cheat on you is a piss poor excuse and shows you have some trust issues in your relationship. You can't stop anyone from cheating.

If you feel so strongly in love with your wife and she with you, trust and distance shouldn't even matter nor would it wreck havoc pending on how strong your love and relationship is.

Trust and compromise.

I wish you and her the best of luck together.

slammedSI

5+ Year Member
well as of now everything is going good. i got the aprtment, i now have a job lined up working at a honda only mechanics shop. so i figure everything is getting better. Thanks for all your kind words and advice CC.

Ian01ex

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Me and my girlfriend did that the first year she went to school. She was in Abilene and I was in Austin. It was about a four hour drive and we saw eachother about once a month but it was cool once it was over cuz then she moved back here and it worked out. You just both have to want to make it work out is all, dont get lazy and go after what is close. If you're moving to Austin I think you'll like it. I moved here about 8 years ago and its cool here, might get confused by the roads at first but you'll get it.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
when my girl is in school she stays in Belton which is between Waco (were i stay) and Austin. it's about a 40 min drive down I35 which isnt bad. we usualy only see each other on the weekends. I trust her so it cool.

hope everything goes good for you, and whatever you do try and finish your schooling...:D

good luck dood...