any advice on building a 700 h.p. 2000 honda civic si

Status
Not open for further replies.

sky9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
700hp? dam i think the most i seen on a in-line 4 is abot 500ish-600ish, 700hp? mayb wit an v6 accord. but 1 thing 4 sure its gonna cost u alot$$$$$$$$$$$4

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
go to a shop with a wad of money and they'll take care of you. i know a guy putting down over 700 and is running 9's with a lsvtec, but a $30k build? not quite. either way, you are looking at a complete build and a huge turbo and 30psi and c16.

but i highly doubt you will follow through, feel free to prove me wrong.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol i was actually just at wegmans last night after a fireworks show and read a superstreet cuz it had a 5th gen hatchy on the cover. puttin down 792whp on an ls block. but the magazine said he ran a 11.07 on lower performing street tires or some junk like that.

but why do it? even if that guy was on street tires and did 11.07, u can be a second or 2 slower with a stock k-series swap and spend like 1/5 the money towards a 700hp b-series.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Possible... reliable and streetable? no.. but... very very possible. Why 700HP? I personally think anything more than 350HP on a Honda is almost a waste since most of it you can't put down without slicks

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
I personally think anything more than 350HP on a Honda is almost a waste since most of it you can't put down without slicks
Yeah cause the S2k and NSX are the same platform as a Civic...

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
a 600 shot of nitrous should do the trick ;)

RockintheEKoupe

Icantbelieveitjustbroke!
5+ Year Member
everybody needs to sop hating on Him. I have helped build Honda B-Series engines that put down well over 700 hp. Its not unreralistic in any way. Of course, buying a Roush Racing crate motor would be easier, but he wants a race Honda. Big sleeves, Huge 70+ trim turbo, and tuning specifically for drag racing. Its all in the tuning. Our curent project car is a 800 hp Sub 9 second Honda coupe.

Status
Not open for further replies.