any help is appreciated

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just recently swapped a d15b into my car and it runs really well, when it warms up...

when it is cold, it races and then bogs. i changed throttle bodies because the jdm throttle body wasnt allowing the car to drive at all.

the car runs like a raped ape when it warms up even though i do not have my vtec wired and i am looking to upgrade ecu's to a p28. i was just wondering if anyone could tell me what is wrong.

i'm running no exhaust right now, and its loud as hell. i think my timing is off just a bit, but am not sure thats the problem. i have no vacuum leaks, and im kinda leading towards the ecu being the problem.

i can get a vx ecu for $30, and am kinda thinking a should get that and hook up vtec and see how it runs.
thanks ya'll, i know im missing something
chris

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ummm bump.

i really would like to figure this out
chris

99siTUNER

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
probably not much help but you might try asking on d-series.org. I was researching that same engine a while back and found more info there than anywhere else! seems to be a nightmare little engine with all the things missing..finding parts etc, there were some guys over there who bought and tried a LOT of stuff (timing belts etc) on taht engine. might look there, IMO id go with the p28 ecu (duno how different it is from VX) but from what i remember its closest relative engine wise was the d16z6

92EH9

flat black rat
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i just ordered my d15b today. have to see how it goes

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, the motor runs fine after it warms up. ya the z6 and the 15b have a lot of interchangeable parts.
the weird thing is my friend had this same motor in his vx and it ran perfectly. thats what is making me wonder. i know im missing a vacuum plug, but i got that figured out. im just going to have to take it to my friend after i get my ecu. i was also looking to go hondata so that when i turbo i have a few more options, especially since i live way above sea level.
thanks guys
chris

xzodiackillerx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean your IACV... and if that doesnt work use some starting fluid and with the car on and cold let it idle and spray the starting fluid where there may be a leak if the motor revs and smooths out then you know that there is a leak in that area and you can investigate further..
hope this helps

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya i kinda thought about doing that actually. got to go to work and then ill try it..
thanks
chris