Anyone but a drop in HID Kit in???? How is the Cut off? Is Xetronic HID a good brand

coach2fast

5+ Year Member
Anyone but a drop in HID Kit in???? How is the Cut off? Is Xetronic HID a good brand?

I was at the car shop here in So.Cal. and they were telling me about the New HID kits they have in stock. I said I was not looking to get something that pissed off on coming cars.

They told me that when installed right the light is kept low and there will be no problems with on coming cars and the Law.

1.What I would like to ask is how is the CUt off on the stock 06 lights with HID set up?

2. What is the best color to get so you don't have run in's with the Law and what looks best?

3. Is Xetronic a good brand? There price is $400 is that a good price on these?

4. Is it best to go HID or just stick with PIAA Bulbs?

Thanks so much for all your guys help and insite. It's been a big help with my car.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
jesus christ.

if I see another HID post, I'm gonna kill myself.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do a search. This has been discussed a million times.

For a quick answer......there aren't any drop in HID kits that will give you any cutoff. No matter what the shop tells you, aftermarket HID kits are only for show and you only may be able to reduce glare by pointing the lights down, therefore reducing what you can see in a distance. So either go full retro (search if you have questions) or stick with your PIAA's.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Jesus Joesph and Mary you posted this here too??

f**king a man, let me just quote myself from honda-tech

shaq32 said:
1.What I would like to ask is how is the CUt off on the stock 06 lights with HID set up? SUCKS! This is why people do HID retrofits

2. What is the best color to get so you don't have run in's with the Law and what looks best? D2S bulbs in conjunction with HID projectorss witha washer trick will give you the best results, no ricer 12000k :thumbdown:

3. Is Xetronic a good brand? There price is $400 is that a good price on these? might as well spend another $200-400 on a nice HID retrofit

4. Is it best to go HID or just stick with PIAA Bulbs? HID > haolgen (and I mean HID retrofit with TRUE HID bulbs [d2s or d2] with an HID projector, not the sorry ass PnP kits)

AND because you really have no clue what your getting into, please GO HERE

seriously bro, there is a link in my sig, PLEASE read it, I garuntee you will learn about it. Also PLEASE visit www.hidplanet.com you will learn a lot though

FOR THE LOVE OF MAN KIND

Don't get an HID PnP kit!

myinca

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
they have i think its called a casper shield? i've seen it on a 7thgen with stock heads and a PnP kit and it gave it a perfect cutoff....dont no if they have any thing like that for the 8thgen tho? it fits around the bulb and its a flat cover on the top....o---- kinda liike that but the bulb is underneath the line...gives it a cutoff...something to look into if u dont have the money or skill for a retro...but retro is ur best bet

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
aznwannabe said:
jesus christ.

if I see another HID post, I'm gonna kill myself.
I agree hids are not even legal and it would suck to spend hundreds of dollars for the kit then get a ticket for having them just stick with bulbs guy.

aznwannabe

26psi what?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol.. f**k legality. I'm just talking about seeing these posts in general.

sean has explained this over and over again. give the guy a break.

jcmrules

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I know just take a deep breath and count to 10 someday people will learn hid kits are for luxurious bentles and bmw's not hondas.