anyone ever stripped there head trying to put valve cover back on?..

lllllyayolllll

5+ Year Member
i stripped the bolts on my head and i was wondering if it could be fixed.. and if not... how much is it gonna run me just for the shell?

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What bolts? There are torque specs for a reason.

lllllyayolllll

5+ Year Member
dawg... i didnt ask for anyones attitude.. i asked a question.. and i know they are supposed to be torqued... but tha manual i had musta sucked cuz it didnt have em' .. so i figured i'de just hand tighten them then turn em once with the wrench.... apparently it was too much and now im paying for that stupid ass choice..haha.. if u aint gonna help.. dont even waste ur energy on ur lame ass comments.

LikWidChz

LikWidchz - Void Warranty
5+ Year Member
go get a tapping kit, and re-tap the head with bolts slightly larger. don't go too big, but thats about the only thing you can do.

Good luck.

whtcivic93

www.mm-graphics.net
go to napa and ask for somthing called a "Heli-Coil" kit ...make sure you know what thread pitch you need

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used bolts, instad of studs

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What bolts? There are torque specs for a reason.
dawg... i didnt ask for anyones attitude.. i asked a question.. and i know they are supposed to be torqued... but tha manual i had musta sucked cuz it didnt have em' .. so i figured i'de just hand tighten them then turn em once with the wrench.... apparently it was too much and now im paying for that stupid ass choice..haha.. if u aint gonna help.. dont even waste ur energy on ur lame ass comments.
i dont see any attitude in that, just common sense.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what ones did u strip? hopefully not the actual ones holding thehead to the block

xcubanricanpapi

5+ Year Member
if its the same bolts i think, i had stripped the bolts from taking the head out so many times. i replaced them with the k20 ones...that was for ls/vtec

lllllyayolllll

5+ Year Member
for those of you who actually helped...i appreciate it... and to all the others that get "brave" behind the little keyboards.. go hit up another thread... cuz ive got enough info already...

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for those of you who actually helped...i appreciate it... and to all the others that get "brave" behind the little keyboards.. go hit up another thread... cuz ive got enough info already...

geez man what's up with the attitude:shock:

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
someones got a horrible attitude over nothing, hes pissed off at the world that he stripped his head studs. Get a heli coil, they work great=)

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i dont think he's talking about his head bolts.......

atleast i have no clue how you could strip your head bolts while taking the valve cover off or putting it back on

i'm pretty sure he's just talking about valve cover bolts in which case he shouldnt need to tap anything

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah..i think he stripped the studs on the head that the nuts screw onto to hold the valve cover on