Anyone having problems with Verizon?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
We're constantly being overcharged or double billed. We dispute the charges, and get a run around. Around a month ago, we ordered the unlimited TXT messages with 1500 Txt messages, outside of verizon. Our last bill was $640, because they forgot to turn on the txt messaging. This month it is 499, because of the same problem.

Anyone else having this problem?

that VERBAL

AKA Theiven Stealberg
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
holy f**k, I dont think I could send enough txt messages to get a $640 bill

Wolfy

Your mom's boyfriend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I've always seen text messaging on a telephone as completely pointless.

But, anyway, I don't have a cell phone so I can't answer your question. :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that VERBAL said:
holy f**k, I dont think I could send enough txt messages to get a $640 bill
That's also combined with 2 other phones and their plans.. I send about 2000 a month.. :lol:

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Wolfy said:
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I've always seen text messaging on a telephone as completely pointless.

But, anyway, I don't have a cell phone so I can't answer your question. :lol:
Not really.. Me and my friend TXT in class when there's tests or w/e, and we can't talk.. or we send pictures of our answers to see if we got em right :lol:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nope

the only people ive ever met at my job where i deal with THOUSANDS of customers who have had billing problems are people who REFUSE to do logical things... if you do something with a rep you retain the paper work... if you talk to someone on the phone you get a name and extension number write down the date and time you called.. NEWS FLASH the people you are dealing with are human and do make mistakes.. if you are the kind of person who typically says "oh i need a reciept to return this? eh i dont know if i have that.." or the famous "i didnt agree to that" "do you have your contract?" "no cant you just pull it up?" "yes here this is what you have.. just like you said you DIDNT have..."

in fact i offered help in your issue and you didnt want to let me get too into it.. i told you if you varified your moms info i would look into it.. you dont know the whole story untill you hear all sides? are you having an issue? sure maybe, but i can not even begin to imagine why you are STILL having issues.. MOST people who complain about being "double billed" are people with past due balances carrying over..

look ive been working with verizon for like 8 years now.. ive dealt with mad customers? yes... customers who thought they were due s**t they werent? YES.. people who break phones or attempt to alter software and then cry when s**t is broken.. YES.. billing issues? NO.. not really at all.. a few ? yes.. but that is even a stretch. one thing they dont normally f**k up is the bill...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, they stopped sending me bills and then they shut my phone off. i work a lot, and i cant be guessing when i need to pay my bills.
then ya, i get overcharged for texts and i have family plan with my gf. they are supposed to be free, but they f**king arent.
anything i say or do doesnt help, and i have had verizon for like 4 years..
i wish i got off in time to go talk to them, because the people on the phone are dumbasses
chris

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its goes with the business, every cell phone company sucks... every. single. one.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
ya, they stopped sending me bills
there are only a few reasons you would not get your bill on the same date you had been or at all.. some of them are.. change in billing system, registration of online billing incorrectly, user request, expired mail redirect (to name several).. EVERY mentioned situation would be resolved with ONE phone call..

mymmeryloss said:
and then they shut my phone off.
bill or not that happens when you dont pay for service..

mymmeryloss said:
i work a lot, and i cant be guessing when i need to pay my bills.
let me make it SUPER SIMPLE for you
#min (minute usage)
#bal (balance)
#pmt (to pay the bill you owe)
*611 (if any of what i just stated is confusing.)

mymmeryloss said:
i get overcharged for texts and i have family plan with my gf. they are supposed to be free, but they f**king arent.
family plan does not garuntee free texting.. payment of a premium for a text plan makes them free.. and you call.. ask for it.. document who spoken to.. and wait.. if it is not fixed escalate to a supervisor with the info you recorded..

mymmeryloss said:
anything i say or do doesnt help, and
you must seriously be doing something incorrectly..

mymmeryloss said:
i wish i got off in time to go talk to them, because the people on the phone are dumbasses
chris
so what do you work like 7am till 10pm with no break 7 days a week.. thats crazy.. :oh:

not trying to be an ass.. this is just a very sore subject as i deal with this EVERY day..

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
nope

the only people ive ever met at my job where i deal with THOUSANDS of customers who have had billing problems are people who REFUSE to do logical things... if you do something with a rep you retain the paper work... if you talk to someone on the phone you get a name and extension number write down the date and time you called.. NEWS FLASH the people you are dealing with are human and do make mistakes.. if you are the kind of person who typically says "oh i need a reciept to return this? eh i dont know if i have that.." or the famous "i didnt agree to that" "do you have your contract?" "no cant you just pull it up?" "yes here this is what you have.. just like you said you DIDNT have..."

in fact i offered help in your issue and you didnt want to let me get too into it.. i told you if you varified your moms info i would look into it.. you dont know the whole story untill you hear all sides? are you having an issue? sure maybe, but i can not even begin to imagine why you are STILL having issues.. MOST people who complain about being "double billed" are people with past due balances carrying over..

look ive been working with verizon for like 8 years now.. ive dealt with mad customers? yes... customers who thought they were due s**t they werent? YES.. people who break phones or attempt to alter software and then cry when s**t is broken.. YES.. billing issues? NO.. not really at all.. a few ? yes.. but that is even a stretch. one thing they dont normally f**k up is the bill...
We saved all the paperwork. But because no notes were there.. they said we didn't have it.. until we talked to a supervisor, then it got settled. He told us to just 300 (which is uaully right on the month), and not pay the rest.

We did that, and we are disputing the rest of the charges. Still, we should have about 1000$ in credit now, but we've never seen that.

tienr

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
when i got the unlimited in texting, i was charged for texting for the first 2 months, and they gave us deductions on the last 2 phone bill, one time i had to pay 5 bucks for the one month, no problems after that, verizon is the best imo, but it might just be because of where i live

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
there are only a few reasons you would not get your bill on the same date you had been or at all.. some of them are.. change in billing system, registration of online billing incorrectly, user request, expired mail redirect (to name several).. EVERY mentioned situation would be resolved with ONE phone call..

bill or not that happens when you dont pay for service..

family plan does not garuntee free texting.. payment of a premium for a text plan makes the

let me make it SUPER SIMPLE for you
#min (minute usage)
#bal (balance)
#pmt (to pay the bill you owe)
*611 (if any of what i just stated is confusing.)
m free.. and you call.. ask for it.. document who spoken to.. and wait.. if it is not fixed escalate to a supervisor with the info you recorded..

you must seriously be doing something incorrectly..

so what do you work like 7am till 10pm with no break 7 days a week.. thats crazy.. :oh:

not trying to be an ass.. this is just a very sore subject as i deal with this EVERY day..
ya actually i work on the oil rigs, and i work on call 24 seven, and sometimes i'm out for a week staright with no service..
its just weird how i am promised things that i dont get, do i need to get a recorder and record all my conversations?
chris

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mymmeryloss said:
ya actually i work on the oil rigs, and i work on call 24 seven, and sometimes i'm out for a week staright with no service..
its just weird how i am promised things that i dont get, do i need to get a recorder and record all my conversations?
chris
no.. you just need to take the name and the extension number/ id number..... if what is said is not done you need to call back and talk to a supervisor.. i deal with this s**t EVERY day and have yet to see something not resolved after one or two calls MAX..

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn...dude all i can is you got f**k! but s**t, they need to recheck the customer accounts before submitting them.

BuiltforSin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my gf bro jus got rid of verizon cause they never stopped his calls whenever he went over his minutes and he'd end up with like $600 - $700 phone bill

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Error404 said:
We saved all the paperwork. But because no notes were there.. they said we didn't have it.. until we talked to a supervisor, then it got settled. He told us to just 300 (which is uaully right on the month), and not pay the rest.

We did that, and we are disputing the rest of the charges. Still, we should have about 1000$ in credit now, but we've never seen that.
I work for VZW too.....
OC offered his help...you should go with him..but if you feel more comfortable with me helping you I'd be more than happy to..i'm not in a customer facing postion... but I can have a rep look at your account to be certain everything is in order.

just verify the account holder's info...we're both here to help

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im suprised you guys are offering to help him. When i worked for AT&T wireless the company policy was that if a friend of yours calls in you had to forward the call to another rep.

As far as the two companies go im sure verizon is better in customer service, cause they pay more to start (att pays $10.50 / hr and verizon pays $12 / hr starting) ... and verizon is very selective in the hring process .... one of my boys interviewed with verizon and didnt get the job, but then interviewed with att and was hired no problem.

Also, at&t's training sucked .... i can remember a few times when i wasnt able to fully fix someones problem and the line got dropped and they wouldnt let me call em back because "this is a call in center, and they will call back" and its like great then they will talk to a different rep who may or may not understand my notes .... and thats the other thing you couldnt even put detailed notes on the account cause they wanted you to take another call immediatley after you were done with the other customer. I rememebr talking to one guy who had called at&t EIGHT TIMES to get somethin fixed ....

and theres THOUSANDS of reps ..... so even if you do get someones id number and name its not like youre ever gonna talk to that person again or that person is gonna be held accountable.

RICDOGG

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Melt said:
im suprised you guys are offering to help him. When i worked for AT&T wireless the company policy was that if a friend of yours calls in you had to forward the call to another rep.

As far as the two companies go im sure verizon is better in customer service, cause they pay more to start (att pays $10.50 / hr and verizon pays $12 / hr starting) ... and verizon is very selective in the hring process .... one of my boys interviewed with verizon and didnt get the job, but then interviewed with att and was hired no problem.

Also, at&t's training sucked .... i can remember a few times when i wasnt able to fully fix someones problem and the line got dropped and they wouldnt let me call em back because "this is a call in center, and they will call back" and its like great then they will talk to a different rep who may or may not understand my notes .... and thats the other thing you couldnt even put detailed notes on the account cause they wanted you to take another call immediatley after you were done with the other customer. I rememebr talking to one guy who had called at&t EIGHT TIMES to get somethin fixed ....

and theres THOUSANDS of reps ..... so even if you do get someones id number and name its not like youre ever gonna talk to that person again or that person is gonna be held accountable.
i wouldn't be touching the account.. i'd have my rep see if there was anything wrong on the account.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
SCCRules said:
my gf bro jus got rid of verizon cause they never stopped his calls whenever he went over his minutes and he'd end up with like $600 - $700 phone bill
the reason that happened is thats how its setup to happen.. lol

it is not the carries job to babysit.. ;)