Anyone know about the 5Lug conversion?

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Alright, I've decided to do the 5Lug conversion. Thing is i need some advice and tutorials if you will. I've got some information on it, but does anyone know where i can get the conversion kit for cheap?? you know maybe less than 1G??

imazn

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
mmm a lot of people sells them. just look around the board. i dont know of any site of the top of my head now. pretty much just look for one off a usdm integra type R. that would be the easiest to find. JDM ones are rather hard to find.

Jon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5 lug

Here is a small list of parts you have to have to make the four wheel disc work if you don't already have them. parking brake cables, brake lines, master cylendar & booster, '4040' 4 wheel disk proportioning valve. I don't think you need sway bars or lower control arms but you can usually get them to, depending on where you get it from, and that will help too. You need the JDM lower control arms if you want to get a Japanese strut like Teins. You can usually find them on E-bay and a lot of JDM specialty sites, they range from as low as 700 to 2000 depending on if it is JDM or USDM and what kind of shape the parts are in.

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i hope you get it man, but honestly....i doubt you will be able to find it for under 1000....the cheapest ive seen was 1500, and i forget what site that was

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you already have 4wheel disc, do you need to convert your brake lines and e-brake? Or can you just bolt the spindle hub assemblys on and go?

A side note to remember, if you get a jdm itr kit, you will need the axles as they are 36mm and our stock usdm axles are 32mm.

Jon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As long as you already have four wheel disc your lines should work fine. If you don't then you will have to get ones off an SI or an Integra. I thought the axles would have to be changed if you get the JDM set up but will the 36mm axles bolt up to a US spec motor D series or B series?

StreetEuro99

Dont make me reload!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you get a JDM kit from an ITR you can use the JDM itr axles in your b-series. I dont think it will work on D's but never know. Ive heard that the JDM ctr's are 32mm though, but dont qoute me as i cant find a true confirmation. Or get a USDM ITR setup, it uses the 32mm axles.

So the brake lines will work, what about the ebrake cable? If you already have stock 4wheel disc?

Jon

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would think all the cables would be the same if you alrady had 4 wheel disc. Wouldn't the thicker axles be an advantage though (when it comes to puttin a large amount of power to the ground)?