anyone know much abouth the AEM V2 CAI

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey i just ordered the AEM V2 CAI the other day for my 95 Civic Dx and i was just wondering if any of you know how much HP increase it should give me? Thanks
This is my first car and i'm only 15 and i get my license in a few months, so i need some recomendations on what parts to get on it(i was thinking maybe getting the B18C swap in the future), and then for exaust system... what would be the best brand header i could get, and what brand would be the best exaust system?
thanks
-jimmy

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ok before you buy any more parts, stop and think about some things. what are your goals for the car. do you want it to run 14's? 13's? lower? or do you want a good handling car? do you want boost or stay naturally aspirated? how much do you have to spend? there is more, but you need a clear plan of what you want to accomplish BEFORE you start modding. changing your mind on what you want after doing mods usually means throwing out most of the mods you have done and almost starting over from scratch. as for the aem v2, it may or may not work, but the gain over a normal cai is very minimal for the amount of money they ask for it. honestly, dont buy anything else until you get your plan figured out, because if you decide to boost, you cant use your cai. and im pretty sure you cant use it with the b18 swap either. i could be wrong on the swap thing, but you definitely cant use it with a turbo. and for the cost of an expensive i/h/e combo, you can put together a junkyard turbo that will give you almost 10 times the hp of the i/h/e.

slimstajimsta5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey, well i know i want my car to be naturally aspirated because my parents wont pay my insurance if i get a forced induction or NOS(because nos is illegal in the state of VA).. and i was told by one of my friends that has done a few engine swaps that the V2 intake should fit on a B18C engine.. but i'm not sure if he's right or not.. thanks[face=comicsansms][/face]

5-Speed 95CivicDX
2 6.5" infinitis
2 12" Sony X-Plod Aluminum Cone Subwoofers
1 Rockford Fosgate 400S Amp
Sony X-Plod cd player with detachable face
Momo Yellow Shift Boot
Momo Yellow/Aluminum Raptor shift knob

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol if you do get a turbo, just dont tell your insurance(dont know if that will work where you live, but here in NM no one cares lol) but unfortunetly they do care about NOS and its illegal here to, i dont think there is many states where its not...but i agree with handlebarsfsr, you do need to figure out the future goals first becuase buying stuff then having to toss it becuase it wont fit the swap will just plain suck, and cost you alot

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Like they said....don't spend your money twice. I think the B series intake is 3 inches in diameter and the D series is 2.5 inches. The DX is also a funky vertically facing throttle body....so you will prolly have to modify the intake ALOT. I have heard the V2 is b/s and to stick with the regular ones. I have the regulat AEM CAI, and I love it! It looks good, sounds good, work well, and gets me some more horsey's!