Are drop zone shocks ok for daily driver?

Brewster

I have some neuspeed lowering springs and wondering if drop zone shocks will be ok for my daily driven work car. I won't be doing any track or spirited driving. Just a gas saver

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It looks like you're only lowered like 1-1.5"?

I think you'll be okay. But they're not the greatest quality shocks. They may last you a couple of years but don't be disappointed if they go bad sooner. Like I tell everyone: you get what you pay for.

Brewster

Understood. I was just curious as I read where people talking about using drop zone equipment.

nicoalex2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had them for over a year and had no problems what so ever. My drop was 2.3 -2.5.

Brewster

Cool. I love lowered cars. Every car I've owned I've lowered. This by far is the most expensive to do so

Brewster

Can't bring myself to spend $300 on struts. Don't really want to purchase a new stock strut. I have 2 blown. I just need to park it I guess

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DropZone suspension is hit or miss. I had them on my car for over 3 years before the rear ones blew. Then I upgraded to Tein Street Basis... ;)

Ride quality was alright. With some tires I could feel every bump on the road. If you don't really care about comfort, and you want to spend more money in a few years... go for it. They're very affordable for someone on a tight budget.

However if you HAVE the money, I'd recommend getting something worth a little more, like Tein or Progress Tech.

Brewster

I understand everyone's point. I've lowered a good number of cars in my time so I'm use to the stuff ride. This is on my work vehicle if it matters. Noone really rides in this car with me. I have a 2003 Mercury Marauder that came with a stiff suspension. As long as its not bouncing like a ball after bumps I'm cool with that.

I'll decide by the weekend

Heres a couple of cars I've lowered in the last 2 years

All had nice stiff rides but comfortable if that makes sense

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
There is some information in this thread that may lead others to follow suit..... So I will say this since apparently people don't read the stickies in this section:

1. Do NOT cheap out on suspension. Like I tell everyone, get it done right the first time and be done with it. Want eBay parts? Go for it. Just don't come back complaining how crappy your ride is or how things aren't installing right or how quickly your shocks blew.
2. Do not cut springs. There is no reason to. Goes back to #1, save up for good stuff and be done with it.
3. There is a difference between "stiff" and "bouncy". Blown shocks are bouncy. High spring rates are stiff. Feeling like you're on a trampoline when going over bumps is bouncy. Feeling like you're getting your ass massaged by an egg beater is stiff.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
With those neuspeed springs, you can get by with just KYB GR2's(OE replacement shocks). The drop is mild and the springs aren't stiff enough to really need aftermarket shocks. The KYB GR2's are cheap and probably come with some warranty depending on where you get them(online or even auto parts stores).

I'd personally never buy anything from Drop Zone. Don't trust them enough. You don't need something like they advertise with a mild spring setup like that anyways..