ASR Subframe brace and sway bar

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Looking to buy the ASR, but found contradicting prices on whether it is bought together as a kit or separately. Wanted to know if anyone knows if there is any difference at all? I found that if I bought them separately the cost is actually less than if I bought it together as a kit. Anyone know why? Is there extra parts that I don't know about if bought separately?

About $350 for them separately and about $400 as a kit. Will be using for 99 civic and the sway bar is the 24mm version.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just doing a quick search, I come up with the full kit cheaper than piecing everything together. You need the subframe brace, the endlinks, and the swaybar(I'm assuming from your price you're talking about the 24mm bar).

From JHP:
- Subframe Brace= $165.99
- Swaybar= $165.95
- Endlinks= $80

Total= $411.94

Complete kit from JHP= $395

I'm going to assume you might have not included the endlinks in your estimate.

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Its the endlinks that i did not factor into the cost. I just assumed that they came with the sway bar.

Thanks for clearing up the confusion.

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If you can look for local deals I got my ASR brace brand new off a kid for $160 and I got the sway bar with end links local for $60 it was used for about 2 months so it was pretty new.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Make your own brace :thumbup:

96romaCX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Listen to speedy, he helped me out when I was setting up my car with sway bars. He knows his stuff for sure!

OGstackadolla

TEAM LIGHTSPEED RACING
Registered VIP
I made the same mistake of asking a company if the subframe brace and swaybar was all I needed. f**ker came without end links. Stupid :/

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
Will end up having to get new LCA's first before I can use this setup on my car because stock didn't come ready for rear sway bar setup.

:(

jameswanser

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the control arms should already have a hole for the endlinks, if you're talking about the 99 civic ex. I found whiteline also has a rear sway bar brace w/bushings for $134.91, and rear sway bar w/bushings, endlinks, and the brace for $224.91. bar is 22mm, but the kit is specifically designed for cars that didn't come with factory rear sway.
I've heard of whiteline, but never used their parts. not sure how thick/strong their brace is compared to ASR, but you may want to check it out
kit I'm taking about is Part Number: BHR83XZ

FlatRate

5+ Year Member
the control arms should already have a hole for the endlinks, if you're talking about the 99 civic ex. I found whiteline also has a rear sway bar brace w/bushings for $134.91, and rear sway bar w/bushings, endlinks, and the brace for $224.91. bar is 22mm, but the kit is specifically designed for cars that didn't come with factory rear sway.
I've heard of whiteline, but never used their parts. not sure how thick/strong their brace is compared to ASR, but you may want to check it out
kit I'm taking about is Part Number: BHR83XZ
As far as I'm aware of, all of the 96+ civics in the US didn't come with control arms with the hole in it for the rear sway bar except for the SI model which has one from the factory. Wish it did like the old ones so it would be so much easier for the upgrade. But in this case the arms will have to be replaced to accommodate.

Haven't heard of whiteline before. Will look into it but I not too sure on quality if not many people have used it.