auto to manual !!

dasltc

5+ Year Member
i have done my swap from auto to manual,now my problem is i dint change my ECU to manual n stay at auto ECU,yes i know there is CEL on,but can i throw the CEL off without change to manual ECU ?
what is the different between auto n manual ECU ? i have drive with auto ECU almost a month seems everything ok,just the CEL keep light on
advice please ~~!!

D15B vtec EG8

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
How many places are you going to post this?

I never had that problem although the last auto to manual I worked on was a 2nd gen Prelude.

dasltc

5+ Year Member
so u mean u stay on auto ecu without CEL light on problem ?
so ur manual on auto ecu working very smooth n stable ?how about timing ?

psychotic_civic

everything will be fine......the only difference is that the auto ecu controls the tranny as well.....fuel and timing maps are fine

dasltc

5+ Year Member
everything will be fine......the only difference is that the auto ecu controls the tranny as well.....fuel and timing maps are fine
auto ecu controls the tranny ? but once swap into manual transmission,the auto ecu controls function still working ?

1Lowcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
don't worry about it, i have about 300 miles on my swap. the CEL doesn't bother me. i'm almost 17, a pretty damn good mechanic, my father owns a repair shop and i haven't worried one bit about it. my car actually runs better and gets better fuel mileage. eventually i'll get hondata or something so im not worried about the ecu right now.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It is related to the transmission so it really doesn't matter but I'd get another ecu or get that one converted.