Auto to stick trade in?

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Hmm just wondering about switching from my automatic coupe LX to a maybe manual shift. A couple of my friends said I should do it and right now I have about 1900 miles on it, just wondering what you guys thought about it, and if it is possible. Also whats the best way to fix the paint? I don't know how it happened but wen I was leaving to get in my car I saw two scratches on the rear bumper, they aren't that big, but one of them is a thick one, with the paint scratched off or soemthing all you can see is the black under the paint. It looks like it got scraped off becuz there are still some paint remaining, but its like a tiny lump or however u, put it, it's like someone scraped my paint to the left side and theres just a thick black small line. Should I get some touch up paint from the dealer or any other tips?
If need pics I can post some up.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yea, I would look into getting some touch up paint.

I'm also trying to trade mine in for a manual (but I'm so particular about what car I want that I can't find one I like). You may have to pay a little bit more, but if you're lucky you'll be able to do a straight up trade (not so likely, dealerships like to screw you over). Good luck though.

TJ92Civic

WeRd
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You will probably lose money doing that. As soon as you take a car off a lot it loses some value...

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can get matching touch up paint at any honda dealer, it's five bucks or so, and it works great.

As for the trade in, you'll most likely have to pay something.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
Oh as for the trade in, is it going to be for a used one or one with miles alrdy on it? And here I thought automatic cars were worth more than manual by just a bit but I guess not, I guess I mite keep it becuz I don't really have the extra money if I do have to pay for it, thx to college. Thx for the info, ill probably give the dealer a call.

Sion0x

Off to college!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i highly doubt you'll find a used 06 civic anywhere.

the new civics don't stay on the lots very long as it is.

Steven5210

5+ Year Member
yea true the dealer had to get my civic from another lot and since I was paying 19k for it he said they aren't making any money off it so he had to go to the lot and drive it back, which I think is kinda bs, but I got my car so its good.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
joe7987 said:
but if you're lucky you'll be able to do a straight up trade (not so likely, dealerships like to screw you over). Good luck though.
a business carries inventory... not a collection

you trade pieces of a collection, you sell inventory to make a proffit

no way in hell could you accuse a dealership that wouldnt trade straight across of "screwing" anyone over

specially if that someone is trying to trade a used vehicle for it's new counterpart