Automatic to manuel swap over

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lol, I just check the website for new civics coming in and go the following weekend. It sucks that the nearest one is over an hour away or id go all the time.

086head

Registered VIP
a Quick answer would be great. Im trying to get my car running before i have work today and im doing last detailed touches and im current poring my fluids in. I have no manual tranny fluid but i have an 86 honda accord that has ran the last 100,000 miles (and it was a pullapart tranny too!) with me using 10w40 oil. Its a manual as well, would i be able run oil in my transmission and if so what kind? closest autozone is like 30 give or take minutes away

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yea, you can use motor oil. I used to use 10w30 and have never had any issues. I go back to honda fluid when finances allow, and for peace of mind. I honestly think it's just engine oil with a honda sticker anyway, but whatever. I'm loyal, when I can afford it ;)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

086head

Registered VIP
Yea, you can use motor oil. I used to use 10w30 and have never had any issues. I go back to honda fluid when finances allow, and for peace of mind. I honestly think it's just engine oil with a honda sticker anyway, but whatever. I'm loyal, when I can afford it ;)

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(
This is just temporary but i read 5w30 and 10w30. Im just praying my car starts up today with no problems. been 10 yrs since this motor has ran but i did an inspection and its like new almost. well.....out to the shop!

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah you can use 10w30 or 10w40 as a temp fluid but get honda mtf as soon as you can

086head

Registered VIP
She f******* runs! I have a leak in the seal that connects the the drivers side axle but it only does that when its at an uneven angle so i can fix that in the next week. For a motor that hasnt ran in 10 years literaly she sounds amazingly healthy. I need to reset the base idle, put on a couple of small coolant hoses i forgot and get some tiny kinks out. Man im so excited! First swap i have ever done and the first time i have completely emptied a motor bay and put it back together and got 99% of it right XP other 1% is very very small things that i can pop right on in a heartbeat. I have work in an hr but ill be posting pictures up tomorrow since i have it off! So stoked!

086head

Registered VIP
ok guys I bled the slave until it was fluid coming out everytime we popped the bleed screw. Pedal travel seems ok. The clutch fork moves about half inch. Here is problem it will go through all gears with clutch in and running but let it out and nothing. No drag on motor and i seem to hear throwout bearing or else the tranny is just spinning free??? If I turn off car and put it in gear the car will roll? Is this trans just broke? That is our belief at this time. Any help appreciated.

btw we picked the tranny because the input shaft would turn if we spun axles. I guess we should have held the input shaft also?? :x

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah sad to say it does sound like its a bad trans. Thats the only thing I can think of.

086head

Registered VIP
Well my step father did me a huge favor today and traded out my bad tranny for me with another one at pullapart and put it in while i was out in town to but he saved me the axles to put in haha. Extremey grateful for him to do that so unexpectedly but she runs like a champ now! I need to troubleshoot why it has no power when i mash the gas but i ask for no help on that, nothing a little researcch cant do! Once i buy a valve stem for my new rims this wed ill pop some pictures up. Awesome to have it running.

086head

Registered VIP
Very nice man, your step dad sounds like a boss. lol
Deffinetaly, hes rebuilt and hand painted his 79 camaro. Hes assisted me through all this since this was my first go around. welp this thread has been open long enough :twisted: so lets bring her to a close, pics will be on the thread "what have you done to your civic today" wed when i got some cash to do a couple of touch ups

086head

Registered VIP
Will do. To save everyones time how do i use image shack and make the pictures show instead of links....in sure there's a read up somewhere but i hate technology

086head

Registered VIP
I owe yall pictures! For Blayze and the others that have been checking this thread out I will have them up tomorrow. I have been rewiring my sensors and wires to my blinkers, lights and brakes. Dont expect no "HOT" piece o' ride. More like a hunk o garbage worth 300$ XP but shes mine :D

086head

Registered VIP

By ricer180 at 2012-08-06

Debating on putting on these no name lowering springs

Running my amp wire and hooking up my JVC. Hopefuly will be able to order my new oem flooring