Aux Port

bkjj77

Registered VIP
I want to put an Aux port in my car.
I don't know if i should put it on the center console or some where else
were should i put it????

Mine looks like this but with a navi in that empty space....

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
My general philosophy is NO EXPOSED WIRES. that includes stuff running to my iPod and such. I have seen a lot of people put it in the cubby right above the cup holders, you can't see it at all when you put it there, but its a little inconvenient, but I assume you have iPod control on the Nav system so It wouldn't be a problem.

another place is running a line under the center console and sticking it under the arm rest.

You can put it into the glove box, I guess it just depends on if you need to access the controls on the iPod or mp3 or whatever.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
yah i dont want any exposed wires...
i just want to put in in a good place that wouldnt be any problems

bkjj77

Registered VIP
the cord im installing has two cords coming from it one of them is an Aux jack and the other is an ipod charger

leothelion

d:p
Registered VIP
will you have to use the iPod to control the music? if so i would put it in the storage thing above the cup holders. If you don't have to use the iPod to control the music, I would either put it in the glove box or inside your arm rest.

bkjj77

Registered VIP
if i connect ipod to charger i can control the ipod thru screen...if i connect it to headphone jack i have to control it thru ipod