B series axle questions

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
I have a 97 USDM B18C5 swap in my ek coupe. the axles are in bad shape. i checked them today when i was readjusting the coil overs. will i need normal B series axles? any recommendations on brand or where to buy them from? i also considered just replacing the boots. either way i go, i go to tear apart the suspension in the front. which would be easier? which is more effective?

charlie brown

smokey
Registered VIP
Please somebody correct me if wrong but I think all b- series axels are the same. You can get aftermarket for high hp application.

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Depends on the years, (not sure which specifically), but yes you will need B series axles.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
ok i wanted to make sure. i have the LSD transmission on my type r swap, so i thought maybe i would need something out of the ordinary.

Daddy_Digital

Haters make me FAMOUS!
Registered VIP
alrighty, im so proud of myself today. i replaced the broken cv axle on the passenger side. ive never done it before myself and it wasnt as hard as i thought it was. WAAAY easier then doing it on an accord. i assisted my buddy do the axles on my accord wagon 2 yrs ago and that s**t sucked. no more clicking, the car doesnt vibrate like it use to and drives even better. thanks to everyone who helped me out and gave me some advice.