b series into 5th gen

reyscivic

5th gen owner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright guys i need some help with my swap, im putting in a b18a1 obd 0 so im looking for a hydro trans now, but what mounts can i use? i have my stock mounts from my d, also what about the engine harness?? any help would be good. any tips ans guides would be great.also its going into a 92 civic lx sedan.

_JAYYS_

5+ Year Member
alright guys i need some help with my swap, im putting in a b18a1 obd 0 so im looking for a hydro trans now, but what mounts can i use? i have my stock mounts from my d, also what about the engine harness?? any help would be good. any tips ans guides would be great.also its going into a 92 civic lx sedan.
ur gunna need a new dizzy or a jumper harness also id invest in some hasport bseries mounts but if u dont want to u can rock the same drivers and rear mount but ur gunna need a ls trans mount

newtron63h

5+ Year Member
so im going to start building a track(road course) car soon. im using a eg coupe with a b16. im going all motor so i want to put a stroker kit in it. any tips, who has the best, im going to start the project by building the motor first. does any B16 have a stronger bottom end than any other? its gonna be fully balanced and ill be turning it to 8,000+ rpms. where can i get good head partsValves, spings, retainers, cams? any help is appreciated.

Mike_Sky87

5+ Year Member
kinda random but i saw a bunch of guys asking about wiring issues and stuff like that...hasport makes a 92-95 vtec conversion harness that all you have to do is feed the wires through the firewall and connect them to the ecu and you have the connectors for vtec solenoid, oil pressure, thermostat ground, and knock sensor. it saved me a hell of a lot o time and was only 80 bucks or so.

kyle_1123

5+ Year Member
Question guys,

I have a 94 civic dx coupe standard. i also have a 1992 integra rs with a b18 non-v-tec in it. the only thing that is screwing me up right now is that the integ has a cable clutch and my bivic has a hydrolic clutch. Is there a conversion kit or can i convert my civic into a cable driven clutch? Or can i find a hydrolic tranny that will fit that motor and will work on my civic?

Thanks

reg_lus

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bring up the thread...

for the A/C unit...you don't have to use the del sol b series bracket.

you can use the single cam bracket along with single cam A/C compressor with all original single cam line and would still work.

2 bolts will line up from the crank pulley side and that should hold just tight enough..that's what i did to mine....and a/c blow super cold still

fox_rider

i got a 92 honda civic hatchback and i want to do a swap and put in a b18c gsr it has a 1.5 now. i looked on line at motors and seen some out of a 96 does it matter what year b18c gsr motor i put in and would my stock tranny line up wit the b18c motor please let me know thanks