B series swap in 7th gen civic?

jdmpimpn1053

5+ Year Member
well back to the matter at hand a b in a 7thgen has been done b4 how ever it is not street driven i dont feel like searchin for it right now but its there if i ever come across it ill post it up lol

flat4whore

5+ Year Member
Ok Green so I looked into the Vitara pistons setup. Even read the thread you posted, but no dyno plots were shown to prove the claim. Even if there is one, that setup have to be spooled by a decent turbo. At that horsepower in that civic I'm guessing you start breaking axels. I just don't see why the B series is such a hard swap. The 6th gen civic guys do it and they get the d16. I find it safe to assume that the d17 and 16 share the same motor mounts, so a motor mount kit for a 16 should be the same, right? I'll continue to look into the Vitara setup, I just find it hard to believe that a d16 is making 400+ horsepower because of pistons.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i have yet to see a d17 making 400+ hp..

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
turbo d17 will desimate all, after about 15 grand or more, overnight parts from japan
wtf are you talking about 3k for a whole turbo kit from dezod.com :roll:

my bro spend about 2k for all his s**t.

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
never buy kits, build your own ;P

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok Green so I looked into the Vitara pistons setup. Even read the thread you posted, but no dyno plots were shown to prove the claim. Even if there is one, that setup have to be spooled by a decent turbo. At that horsepower in that civic I'm guessing you start breaking axels. I just don't see why the B series is such a hard swap. The 6th gen civic guys do it and they get the d16. I find it safe to assume that the d17 and 16 share the same motor mounts, so a motor mount kit for a 16 should be the same, right? I'll continue to look into the Vitara setup, I just find it hard to believe that a d16 is making 400+ horsepower because of pistons.
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?p=887140

and no D17 and D16 dont use same mounts, hence why you cant swap a D16 block into a 7th gen.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
never buy kits, build your own ;P
manifolds for the d17 are hard to come by, he bought his used for 1500, put it on, made 214whp/198wtq. then dezod sent him the upgrade manifold, down pipe and intercooler for free(yes 100% free) and he went back and made 240whp@12psi

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how did he get the items free?? he bought the turbo from them?

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
highest HP D17 ive seen so far is 374 on a stock block...actually he is the highest D17 ever until someone comes along and proves me wrong. i plan on making 400 once i build my motor. all i need is pistons and rods and a cam. and then i up the PSI.....its possible. very possible. and BTW...this is a known fact for any D series.

a Kswap in a 7th gen....the lowest price possible is around 6k for all the parts. were talking the K20A3 and all necessary parts. including Kpro...and you better be a DAMN good shopper to find all that. at that price.

now the reality...you spend all that money to increase your STOCK HP by how much? 40hp? the D17 makes 127HP to the crank from the factory. the K20A3 makes what 165? if that? so you just spent 6k on a 40hp upgrade.

if you take that same 6K and invested it into your D17.... you could make well over 300hp and have change! this includes a turbo, pistons rods cam and SLEEVES. <<<<benson sleeves at that. also Kpro. and you dont need to be a bargain shopper to get this. all this can be purchased new.

the Bseries 7th gen like the one mentioned above. is a landspeed record car. it had a B16 in it destroked to a 1.5 liter. it was completely custom.

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how did he get the items free?? he bought the turbo from them?
im good like that thats why....free is free no matter how you get it. no i didnt steal it. hes in florida and im in WV

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
nicee.. around here in texas you can get a k20a3 complete motor+trans/tranny for about 3g and to have them put in your car is probably about 1500-2000 so your pretty much saving about a grand for the swap to be done. then again 5g for a swap for about 40hp is.. wack. id rather use that money for turbo and upgrades myself ;P

baller760

5+ Year Member
well not all cars pull, i have a friend with a rsx with a t28 (putting out 290whp) and his car barely pulls for a brief second with full throttle. now on the other hand, my cousin has an evo with only cams/turboback/new manifold (putting out 310awhp) and his car sucks me in the seat.. maybe its the extra 20whp?? or something else??
It's called torque. the Evo has more of it by a lot than the RSX does. Trust me I know, I own a Grand National. =)

EMIIspecED

TEAM OCELOT rep.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
k24 from accord = 900
rsx type s tranny = 1000ish
k20a2 head = 1200ish
swap parts = 2-3000
kpro = 1000
individual throttle bodies = 1000

beating a moded evo and snake s**t turbo d17, ALL ENGINE = priceless

say na today

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
add all that up....8k? and with 8 grand on a D17. you will have over 400 hp. and be completely safe. this includes custom axles. and even a 5 lug swap

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is just motor parts. you could spen 6k on the motor and the other 2000 on suspension and have a badass ride. it would prolly whip an Evo hands down

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why woudl you swap a B anyway?
i woudl do the H swap before i attempted the B.
why not just put a V6 honda engine?

listen.
IT'S ALL ON PREFERENCE!!!!

one might liek
K>B(vice versa)
NA<turbo(and vice versa)

toneekay

Rubbin on yo booty
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member