B series swap in 7th gen

majincivic7

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sup guys, i know this was probably asked before but is it possible to do a b series swap into a 7th gen civic ex sedan, any info would be appreciated thanks!!!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i'm going to say no, and emission laws wouldn't let it happen even if it was possible, besides the k series motor is the motor to be swapped into the 7th gens, which would lay shame to the b series motor anyways.

cosmo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Won't fit, K20A or K24 hybrid are the only options, unless you want to be the first with a b series in there.

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats like downgrading put a k in there. I was wondering how the K's are better?

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol did you just say putting a k in the 7th gen was downgrading? k is better than b, more horsepower, just better built....

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I mean like putting a B in there instead of a K. sorry for missunderstanding.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nope... the only swaps we're allowed to do are the ones that rip a hole in our pockets.... No B series for us.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it will work, as b to d swaps work in 4th-6th gens. i dont know if the mounts are the same, and the wiring is different, as is the fuel system, but im sure the swap is doable.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the man says the engine has to newer than the car, unless you have a 2001, you can swap a 01 B18C5 ( well lawfully anywho)

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
DirtyD said:
the man says the engine has to newer than the car, unless you have a 2001, you can swap a 01 B18C5 ( well lawfully anywho)

in certain states. the guy who owned my sedan had a 93 b18a in a 95 sedan and drove it for 6 months, passed emissions and everything. only in states with inspection laws (cali) do you need the same year or newer motor.

DirtyD

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
handlebarsfsr said:
in certain states. the guy who owned my sedan had a 93 b18a in a 95 sedan and drove it for 6 months, passed emissions and everything. only in states with inspection laws (cali) do you need the same year or newer motor.
I knew that too, do most of the states have inspection laws? or just ca?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
some do, some dont, i honestly cant tell you who does or who doesnt other than ct doesnt and cali does.

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
quicksilver1689 said:
thats like downgrading put a k in there. I was wondering how the K's are better?

only person I have heard of that wanted to downgrade!

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
pa state laws states the motor must be of same type or newer.