b16 head or gsr head

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16 flows slightly better stock for stock, itr head is based on b16 with better internals and a mild p&p from the factory. but gsr cams are better than b16's

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
what is better for ls vtec
stealthy said:
b16 flows slightly better stock for stock, itr head is based on b16 with better internals and a mild p&p from the factory. but gsr cams are better than b16's

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
indeed but id get whatever you find cheaper at the time. it wouldnt be THAT much of a difference really

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4doorcivic16 said:
yeah gsr head are a lot and the intake manis are gay.
what makes you say they are "gay"

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you dont like how an intake manifold looks so its gay......ok sounds good.....

quicksilver1689

tuning owns you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its not that the gsr manifold looks gay its that it acutally is gay sometimes my gsr manifold starts humping my Aebs on in my garage and i have to serpeate them. Hhaa GSR manifolds suck a big d**k with there butterfly design go out and get a skunk 2 or aebs manifold and be happy.

dank24

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Get a gsr block with a b16 head.

iNotioN

5+ Year Member
he wants ls vtec... see go with the b16 with gsr cams... or f**ked it just get new aftermarket ones.. and for you bottom end get b16 pistons and arp rod bolt.. good ls/vtec set up if done right of corse

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would use stock gsr cams over any aftermarket cams if you plan on boosting.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im finishing up my crvtec setup with my gsr head and skunk2 intake manifold.

im alittle concerned whether or not the skunk2 itr intake manifold will make any real gains, it was kind of a toss in with a good priced deal on the head.

gsr yeilds higher compression due to the pent-house combustion chamber design. i think it could be a very hot debate on whether or not the gsr or b16 head would produce more power

with the gsr head you have better cams and better compression
the b16 head you have better flow worse cams worse compression

imho gsr for the win

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dank24 said:
Get a gsr block with a b16 head.
the car im gettin has this setup...pulls hard as f**k........what would be the compression on it though?

JDM_legendsB18c

Be_DeVoTeD
5+ Year Member
If you're doing ls/vtec, i'd recommend gsr head because it comes with ofcourse more c/r and power. The manifold can always be switched out for a better one such as a BLOX or SKUNK2. The b16 might "flow" better but isn't quite as good as a gsr, in my opinion. But ofcourse the b16 is the small version of the type r and you can interchange parts with both. Which means you would have to spend much more money for a bump than a gsr which comes with pretty good numbers stock...........Thats my opinion..........