b16 or b18c1...need advice

deadone000

5+ Year Member
alright heres the deal which would would be better into the ED? and is the swap about the same?

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gsr by far, b16's are slow (known from expirence)

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
n/a b-series are slow but your question is a no brainer, b18c1 ;)

that is if you're looking for the faster motor

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive had both......gsr>b16
if you get a b16, get the integra xsi model. its got 170hp and is what i had in my 5g hatch and that thing was like no other b16 ive driven, and seems to be the same response with other xsi b16a owners

swap is pretty much the same either way

blaze_civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have to agree with everyone else. If its a choice between the GSR and the B16 go with GSR!!

91SiVTEC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
bizoneoeh said:
n/a b-series are slow but your question is a no brainer, b18c1 ;)

that is if you're looking for the faster motor
ummm i don't think the motor is faster, but it will make the car faster....
...oh... wut? OWN3D!!! J/P!

j_fukin_t

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i didn't know that this would still be debated :lol:

b16bang

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wow thats garbage. the b16 is way better for boost though. If ur looking for an All-motor experience and to start strong and not planning too many investments in the future, then ofcourse hte b18 is the way to go BUT, if your going to be boosting then go b16 period.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
wow thats garbage. the b16 is way better for boost though. If ur looking for an All-motor experience and to start strong and not planning too many investments in the future, then ofcourse hte b18 is the way to go BUT, if your going to be boosting then go b16 period.
b16 isnt any better to boost than a gsr would be. dont spread wrong information.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16bang said:
you have no clue what you are talking about guy.

stolibears

Use your dipstick Jimmy!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b16 motors look better though, :evil: :idea:

kyle10182

NA is Best
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
b16bang said:
pretty much, thats bullshit. do u have a b16? or still rockin the stock d series?
stolibears said:
b16 motors look better though, :evil: :idea:
Pretty much, thats bullshit
deadone000 said:
haha....yea im plannin to go all motor....for now....
it really doesnt matter. either way u go, the b18c is better. i noticed the car u drive is an integra. please dont even think about putting a 1.6l in an integra. they dont belong. even if u have an RS.

deadone000

5+ Year Member
o nah....my integra is gonna be my daily driver....ima start saving up to put together the ed hatch....so in other words its gonna be my project car...and i hope to have it done by the spring season

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
go with the b18c1....more horsepower...more torque....higher redline....what else could you want lol?