B16 or B20?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
have to rememeber the b20 comes out of a crv, is rated at whatever it dyno'd in the crv (probably through the auto trans)

with a 5spd and bolt ons a b20b will dyno 150whp and 135-140ftlbs

crash!

Avi, pull your socks up.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Either one would be good. The compression is pretty much low enough in the B20 to boost. And a boosted GSR is what I really want, it has a nice balance of top and bottom end and the VTEC with the turbo spool sounds uhhmazing. But it could also drown out the VTEC

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
This thread is becoming full of fail

Ive had all three

b16 is fun until you realize what torque is

turbo b series are all the same, all that matters at that point is how much boost and who can drive

yeah I vtec head will make more power all things being equal

all things being stock I would still take the b20, I dont like paying 4-500 dollars to replace a head

ekcoope

Dude get a b16 you will enjoy vtech and my b16 will walk all over a b20 doesn't Matter what trans they got I got a custom trans on mine tho itr 1st and 2nd si 3rd and 4th and a custom made 5th fu&* a b20 and get a p30 ecu

CivicEk-ITC-804

Thanks for the input guys, i've been looking around and thinking about it. Im either getting a b16 or b18, i like the way they sound a whole lot better then b20s

Cobl18

Registered VIP
Thanks for the input guys, i've been looking around and thinking about it. Im either getting a b16 or b18, i like the way they sound a whole lot better then b20s
wait you like the way they sound better than a B20? I hope your not choosing a engine by the way that the engine sounds...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude... go with a B20. theres no replacement for displacement!

with a B20 you can swap a vtec head on and you'll be looking at ~175-190hp pending which head you get.
if you plan to boost... youll have that extra displacement to handle that extra psi!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
crvtec high comp with bolts and studs on S4C tranny

/thread