b16 problem

Bam

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright, i have a b16 in a HB, and theres somehting really wrong, it seems like everytime i shift gears i lose a little power, and its gotten soo bad i can barely beat my freinds stock d16. im just wondering what it could be, my guess is the v-tec is out or the ecu is malfuntioning. but ive never been in a civic without no v-tec so i dont know what it feel like, oh and anyone here ever had to shell out money to fix v-tec?

DLS TekNiQue

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats not your problem...your you may have a leak in your pistons...it happened to my friend and the same thing is happening like you described. check the block for leaks bro...just take it to a mechanic

Si_Racer13

JDMchris>>>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check the Vtec solenoid too, the leak might be there. Check your wiring to the ECU too.

b18bhybrid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clutch perhaps!

How is your clutch holding up! Slipping clutch will cause you to loose power between shifting... Look at your tach between shifts and listen to your motor - this will tell you if your clutch is slipping.

infinitexsound

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeap

check the clutch dude.. your motor might sound all good and tasty.. but ur clutch is slippin.. get a stock clutch. from a auto parts store is fairly around 140. trust me on this i just changed my clutch and it feels way better then before....just raced a fuckin firehawk but lost though... just because my car is still kinda stock... turbo is coming along soon.. that would beat that daymn firechicken....

99CX

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check your oil pressure if you dont think VTEC is workin, low oil pressure will cause your ECU to stop engaging VTEC. Sounds like a clutch problem to me though.

ReVtecSi

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you arent hitting vtec then you might be low on oil......when youre low vtec doesnt engauge.....another power loss might be a slipping timing belt or a slipping clutch....get all of these checked out.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Check your linkage from the vtec solenoid or the fuel pressure link...This kind of problems happens to every one...

VigLink badge