b16 question

Mister_Perkins

Team Honda
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I was wondering what type of engine is in an accord? I called a junk yard near my house, and they said they have a 90 - 94 accord with a b16 and an auto tranny. Do you think $650.00 is a good price for the block and head? and what kind of b16 is it? Because i would be putting a manual tranny in it, so would it be cable or hydo? Would my D15b7 manifold (exhaust / intake) work with it? would i have to change the shift linkage? would i need to get a harness adapter / new ecu? would the stock engine mounts work with it? i just want to get a rough idea of what i will be getting into if i get this engine, because the junk yard was really vague on what kind of engine it was. they said b16, but they didint know if it was a1 , a2? and they really didint seem to know s**t on the engine itself. they said it was driven by an old man, and it ran beautiful when he ran it. But you never know.. Any help would be really appreciated.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those accords come with F-series motors, they're single cams

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
A b16 will an auto tranny sounds fishy, I doubt an old man would import a jdm auto b16 tranny then swap it into an accord....since you got the idea that they didnt really know what they were talking about I'd say it's probably not even a b16, I'd stay away from this sale, and if you want to pursue it at least go look at it.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just go look at it :what: then correct him forcibly

orfus5

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
most likely looking at an old integra with a d16auto in it....

weksos

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
guaranteed it wont be a B16A. More likely a F20 or F22.

For a B16 to work in your car, you'll need the motor, all the mounts, ECU, shift linkage, axles. A OBD1 swap from the Del Sol VTEC would be a easier swap than the OBD2B 99-00 Si.

defvayne

Set This World On Blaze!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
A b16 will an auto tranny sounds fishy, I doubt an old man would import a jdm auto b16 tranny then swap it into an accord....since you got the idea that they didnt really know what they were talking about I'd say it's probably not even a b16, I'd stay away from this sale, and if you want to pursue it at least go look at it.
thay have an b16 auto here in a shop waiting for it to be sold...lol

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
defvayne said:
thay have an b16 auto here in a shop waiting for it to be sold...lol
I never said they don't exist, they just weren't made in America and they are rare. Very very rare, which makes it strange for some old guy to be driving a b16a swapped accord with a jdm tranny that is very hard to find.