B16a2 eg6 bad hesitation. Running rough

lowanslow

Hi there. Bought this car recently and it's was spot on driving it home and on vtec etc until the other night. I took the air box lid off the car (integra airbox) and when driving felt the car was holding back and vtec wasn't as sharp, felt like it was hesitant. I put the airbox lid back on to see if it cured it but to no avail. Still feels quite hesitant and not as sharp as if the car is holding back quite badly.

I decided to check the plugs on the car and found the plug holes cylinder 1&2 had a fair amount of oil round them and also the plugs when removed. I cleaned the plugs and the oil from round the plug holes and refit. This still didn't seem to fix it, in fact it seemed to be worse. Car is ok driving softly I.e not revving too hard but when attempting to accelerate hard to go onto vtec the car holds back badly, worse around the 4000/4500 rpm range just before vtec comes on.

Driving it tonight and it started fine and ran ok, but still hesitant. Left it sitting for a couple of hours and started up again and every time taking off in first the car misfired really badly. Pulled into a car park for around 15mins and left car idling, on leaving the car wouldn't Rev out at all and is misfiring really badly now.

The car has a chipped and mapped p28 ecu and supposedly ek9 cams (haven't had the rocker off to inspect) I will be doing a rocker gasket along with all other seals, oil and filter and a full spark plug service along with ht leads.

Any other help/advice would be great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk