b16b turbo or b16a III turbo...........OPINIONS PLZZZZZ

504scene

ok so i have a b16a complete swap sitting here that i was gona build n attempt a rather tame turbo build on eventually, yah kno a d/d with a slutty side ;) lol but now i have the opportunity to get a b16b with the same deal complete swap for my b16a.....which would u think would provide a better set up for a turbo. Plans are to hit over 250 neeehs but chill under 300 getti-ups max im looking at is maybe maybe like 350 hee-hawws lol

JeffBel

Registered VIP
B16b alllll day. 6-8 psi will get an easy 250-300 to the wheels. The 10.8:1 compression means less boost to make more powahhhh. I have a b16b myself and its the best thing I've ever bought.

504scene

B16b alllll day. 6-8 psi will get an easy 250-300 to the wheels. The 10.8:1 compression means less boost to make more powahhhh. I have a b16b myself and its the best thing I've ever bought.
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeets definatly sounds like the amount of hoofageim looking at but isnt it a bit mor difficult to do boost in higher comp engines??

JeffBel

Registered VIP
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeets definatly sounds like the amount of hoofageim looking at but isnt it a bit mor difficult to do boost in higher comp engines??
It's definitely harder on everything. Less space to cram more air into. A higher comp engine won't last nearly as long as say a 9:1

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
If it is tuned right it could last as long as any other engine. K20's are 11.5:1 and they eat big numbers in stock form all day long. As long as knock is under control it should be all gravy.

ZeroMech63

Id stick with the one with lowest milage. Dont quite understand the trade because of the wording and maybe punctuation? Anyone care to reword it for me? Cuz if its just a even trade i would think its a lil suspicious

504scene

Id stick with the one with lowest milage. Dont quite understand the trade because of the wording and maybe punctuation? Anyone care to reword it for me? Cuz if its just a even trade i would think its a lil suspicious
its a friend of mine. he already had the engine before and doest care for it as much at the b16a its got about the same milage as mine around 25-30k and it would be a even trade. i kinda wanted the b16b because its not a common swap as far as i see abd besides hes got the guape to do what he wants so he figured he do me n him a favor n jus swap if i was intersted

504scene

what do u guys think of lowering the compression...though i cant feel but to think it would kind of put me back at the b16a status again....

JeffBel

Registered VIP
Personally I wouldn't lower the comp. less boost more power and if you're craving more almost any turbo will give you up to 15 pounds

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
what do u guys think of lowering the compression...though i cant feel but to think it would kind of put me back at the b16a status again....
The b16a and b16b differ in more than just compression. B16bs are a B18c5 block with a b16 crank and longer rods to make up for the taller deck height. Not to mention the headwork, lighter intake valves and more aggressive cams.

504scene

so what you think???take the b16b beef up the bottom end then run a turbo on a proper tune to whatever boost it finds the best tasting, i mean the amount of boost is not what im worried about its the pony gains im looking for sh*t it can be 3 lbs of boost for all i care as long as it gets me to where i want a nice reliable Sea Biscut

JeffBel

Registered VIP
so what you think???take the b16b beef up the bottom end then run a turbo on a proper tune to whatever boost it finds the best tasting, i mean the amount of boost is not what im worried about its the pony gains im looking for sh*t it can be 3 lbs of boost for all i care as long as it gets me to where i want a nice reliable Sea Biscut
Don't forget fuel setup.

504scene

Don't forget fuel setup.
recommended size injectors for this maybe 550-750??? and im also assuming upgrade fuelpump, lines and rail...btw ive done research to a good degree incase anyone throws that at me im just seeing opinions and tips on good successful setups and experience to yah know use as a sort of blueprint

504scene

and shud i retain the obd2 setup or make it inteersting and go chipped obd1. Heard its alil more involed with a obd2 setup

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I have no idea what a Sea Biscuit is, but since we are speaking english english I will give it a try. Holy s*** I just read your original post. Anyway, if you are aiming for 300whp I would go with maybe a turbonetics t3/t4 with a decent sized compressor and a good turbine a/r ratio to keep it flowing good up top. The stock bottom end will handle that, s*** Charlie Moua is making 400+ wheel on a stock bottom with e85.

504scene

I have no idea what a Sea Biscuit is, but since we are speaking english english I will give it a try. Holy s*** I just read your original post. Anyway, if you are aiming for 300whp I would go with maybe a turbonetics t3/t4 with a decent sized compressor and a good turbine a/r ratio to keep it flowing good up top. The stock bottom end will handle that, s*** Charlie Moua is making 400+ wheel on a stock bottom with e85.
LORD..thats nice but hey u cant really over do the satifaction of peace of mind yah know lol . i mean what would u rather have a fortified stronghold or a fortified stronghold with automated turrets :twisted: