B16z6 motor question?

Dro503

I got b16z6 in my 93 civic dx,
It's my first car n all and I wanna fix it up so it has mor power
And all that good stuff :D

What parts can I get to help increase speed and power?

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
Before this turns into a s***storm, Im going to give you some advice

SEARCH, there a million of those threads and two are currently in the tech section OF THIS FORUM

you do not have a b16z6, you have either a b16a or a d16z6

do nothing else at this point except search and read, dont even go to bed

Dro503

@FAITHhasME : well i jus learned how to drive stick homie, and i wanna get into tuning up my motor,
help me out here lol

@97ek_coupe : im working at McDonalds ($8.50 an hour), so i can only do little by little with parts

emerican

Registered VIP
What faith was saying is since you didnt know the type of motor is that you need to first figure out exactly what you have.
then after that research that motor and you will find the answer to your questions but to give you a jump start.
If its a d16z6 which id say it most likly is then you have a d series motor with about 127 horsepower at the crank and has vtec.
If you dont have the d16z6 and have the stock motor for a dx then its a non vtec motor and has less than 100 hp at the crank and you need to look into mini me swaps to get vtec and raise the compression .
If it is the vtec d16z6 then where most people start is intake header and exhaust
Get an ebay intake a pipe is a pipe then buy either an aem dryflow or k and n filter for it the one that comes with them suck.
For header its up to you some people disagree, but you can get decent ones off ebay just gotta do yuor research on the seller i personally wouldnt buy them i have the megan header on my y8 and love it.
When it comes to exhaust you need to research what sound and look you like. Usally ebay exhausts dont sound all that good, but a cheap route to save you the money from buying a full on name brand exhaust system is to buy the ebay cat back exhaust and get a name brand muffler or axle back which mostly controls the sound.
If its a b16 then the intake header exhaust advice stands and just buy them for the b series engine.
If it is a d16z6 then be warned that with any d series bolt ons arent going to net you very much horepower although they will help.
b series respond better to mods and start out with more hp.
This should start you out on your car quest thing hope it helps

Dro503

@emerica : thanks alot homie, so It is a D16z6 and doesn't say v-tec so I'm not sure if it is or not,
But I'll definitely take a look at the exhaust systems for it,
I have a cheap intake for it while I'm waiting for a carbon fiber one that I hve
In Washington. I appreciate the help! :}

Oh and there's oil comming from my muffler tip?
Doesnt that mean my motor is getting messed up??

emerican

Registered VIP
CHech the motor plate to see what numbers r there
if its a d16z6 then it dosent nessarily have to say vtec look for ctec sylanoid to conform or deny that it is