B18 in CRX??

Civic_2_NV

Speed Tech
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys my friend bought a 91 CRX SI n he wants a racing engine. i suggested the B16 in that light of a car supercharged would tear up the streets but idk if a GS-R or B18 would fit.do u guys know if it would fit.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes...a B18 motor would fit...but...id say go for a b20 motor

Civic_2_NV

Speed Tech
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait i never heard of a B20 whats there stats horse toque n what not i thought 18 was the biggest! god dont i feel like an idiot

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b20 is a crv motor..... and it can't handle boost very well. also, squeezing a b-series motor into a crx is quite a feat on its own.... trying to get forced induction in there as well is a difficult task, at best.

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tell him to save the money and drop another 1000 into the engine my friend has a crx with a b16 and he says he wishes he woulda saved another month and gotten the 18....take my boys advice on it 16 is fast , but 18 is fasssster

boi-alien

kouki factory.... soon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.6 liters is .2 liters away from a good engine. :D honestly fitting a b18 shouldn't be too tough. right now i have an all motor ls/vtec in my car and it didn't require much modification to get it in.

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16 and b18 are basically the same. bore are the same jus different strokes. a ctr block, b16b is actually the same as a gsr or itr block, b18c. put a 1.8 crank in the b16b, and you got a b18c. can't do that on a b16 a though. i say don't waste your money on a b16a. get a b18c. if can't afford it get a b18b, ls motor. where on b serires motro with fit, all the oteh rwill fit too. so a b20 will fit too. but make sure you have a good engine builder if you are doing a frankenstein more. LS/VTEC OR CRV/VTEC. holeshot racing built mine and it sucked. i got a b18c in my ef9 and it pulls hard. and if you want forced induction, turbo the car, not super charge

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not meaning to thread jack... but

sleeepy808 got any pics of your ride?

here we go again with the old threads

kustomize89

luv it or not???
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18

there is a crx here that will run 14 in a quater ,and that is all it has ( b18):shock: :shock: :shock:

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
b16a is fine, its cheap and good power, but naturally b18c is better, dependent on money is dependant on choice
:werd:

B18C much more expensive, also more work to install.

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I had a nickel for every "B16s suck, get a _____" post, I'd be rich.

There's always a bigger motor to put in, but you can't dwell on what you don't have, sometimes it's OK to be content with a 1.6.

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes its ok to have a 1.6. even though its not my preference, it doesn't make it wrong to have. after all, isn't it the brain child of honda motors

CrxInvader

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16a will fit
b16a2 will fit
b18a will fit
why waste money on b16a when u can get a strong b18a...Go for the B18..

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any b series will fit just the same, but save yourself a ton of hassle of too much wiring or hydro-cable conversions and get a 90-91 b18a. if you plan on boost anyway, thats definitely the engine to go with.

temp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
any b series will fit just the same, but save yourself a ton of hassle of too much wiring or hydro-cable conversions and get a 90-91 b18a. if you plan on boost anyway, thats definitely the engine to go with.

is everyone on this site fucking stupid? you can get cable versions of the b18a tranny or b16a tranny and put it onto any generation b series motor and TADA you have a cable transmission, the only thing i would recommend doing a hydro to cable conversion for is the ITR tranny/motor, and a conversion kit has JUST been released by hasport, its $595 and it comes with their motor mount kit....but f**k hasport

temp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CrxInvader
we got a noob on going krazy out here..lol
yes i am my fucking post count, i have never worked on a car and i ride a huffy to work....woe is me :roll: .....we got an idiot who thinks you are your post count here!

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp
is everyone on this site fucking stupid? you can get cable versions of the b18a tranny or b16a tranny and put it onto any generation b series motor and TADA you have a cable transmission, the only thing i would recommend doing a hydro to cable conversion for is the ITR tranny/motor, and a conversion kit has JUST been released by hasport, its $595 and it comes with their motor mount kit....but f**k hasport
well i have a ef9 with a itr motor and did no conversion with the tranny. i jus mated teh b18c block with a ys1 tranny which is a cable tranny and has shorter gears, except for teh final drive, than the desired itr tranny. jus no LSD. no conversion needed

VigLink badge