Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i was goin to get a b16 but i guess not anymore.... b18 i guess :p

temp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by sleeepy808
well i have a ef9 with a itr motor and did no conversion with the tranny. i jus mated teh b18c block with a ys1 tranny which is a cable tranny and has shorter gears, except for teh final drive, than the desired itr tranny. jus no LSD. no conversion needed

which is one option....if you notice i said this

you can get cable versions of the b18a tranny or b16a tranny and put it onto any generation b series motor

but i would recommend using the ITR tranny for the ITR because you just have more options with that tranny (gearing wise, you can find HEAVY aftermarket support for it in japan)....i have yet to find a cable b16a tranny rebuild kit in the states

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp
which is one option....if you notice i said this

but i would recommend using the ITR tranny for the ITR because you just have more options with that tranny (gearing wise, you can find HEAVY aftermarket support for it in japan)....i have yet to find a cable b16a tranny rebuild kit in the states
thats true. not much after market for cable trannys if any. if i had the money i would have got a hydo tranny with a itr but then again, i would have a eg or ek hatch.

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by kotomile
No use replying to temp, he's been banned.
did he for real. das funny. i bet he prob don't even have vtwec in his car.

terceltyler

The Silver Bullet
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
maybe his title is banned but he is still active. but not postin cuz he gets nagged on. but i dun blame ppl who talked s**t bout him he needed to learn to chillax

Melt

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
did he for real. das funny. i bet he prob don't even have vtwec in his car.
he didnt...

Originally posted by temp
california smog legal b18a swap w/ b18b head, crower cams (62403's), crower/ferrera valvetrain, apex s-afc, portflow p&p head, skunk2 intake manifold, eagle rods, 11:1 endyn rollerwave pistons, jun ultralite flywheel, act upgraded organic clutch, DC 4-2-1 header, custom cold air box

skone

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a 90 si w/ a b18c1 w/ da y1 tranny.. w/ HASPORT MOUNTS BUDDY fully worked. its so fast i love it. i smoke all the b16's around here. it ran 11.22 quater ..... o wait that was w/ the direct port nos system i got hooked.... hehehehehhehehehehheheheh

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would have to say that b18c1 ain't stock. you have built that motor to handle bigger jets or you jus have internals and the nos.

skone

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i would have to say that b18c1 ain't stock. you have built that motor to handle bigger jets or you jus have internals and the nos.

fully worked off course it aint stock... y buy an engine better than a d seris and not work them

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey man i have to agree with you on that. i love my b-series and b damn if i let it be stock. and much props on your times. makes me want to squeeze. but i know i be addicted