B18 in CRX??

Civic_2_NV

Speed Tech
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey guys my friend bought a 91 CRX SI n he wants a racing engine. i suggested the B16 in that light of a car supercharged would tear up the streets but idk if a GS-R or B18 would fit.do u guys know if it would fit.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yes...a B18 motor would fit...but...id say go for a b20 motor

Civic_2_NV

Speed Tech
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wait i never heard of a B20 whats there stats horse toque n what not i thought 18 was the biggest! god dont i feel like an idiot

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b20 is a crv motor..... and it can't handle boost very well. also, squeezing a b-series motor into a crx is quite a feat on its own.... trying to get forced induction in there as well is a difficult task, at best.

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tell him to save the money and drop another 1000 into the engine my friend has a crx with a b16 and he says he wishes he woulda saved another month and gotten the 18....take my boys advice on it 16 is fast , but 18 is fasssster

boi-alien

kouki factory.... soon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1.6 liters is .2 liters away from a good engine. :D honestly fitting a b18 shouldn't be too tough. right now i have an all motor ls/vtec in my car and it didn't require much modification to get it in.

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16 and b18 are basically the same. bore are the same jus different strokes. a ctr block, b16b is actually the same as a gsr or itr block, b18c. put a 1.8 crank in the b16b, and you got a b18c. can't do that on a b16 a though. i say don't waste your money on a b16a. get a b18c. if can't afford it get a b18b, ls motor. where on b serires motro with fit, all the oteh rwill fit too. so a b20 will fit too. but make sure you have a good engine builder if you are doing a frankenstein more. LS/VTEC OR CRV/VTEC. holeshot racing built mine and it sucked. i got a b18c in my ef9 and it pulls hard. and if you want forced induction, turbo the car, not super charge

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Not meaning to thread jack... but

sleeepy808 got any pics of your ride?

here we go again with the old threads

kustomize89

luv it or not???
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18

there is a crx here that will run 14 in a quater ,and that is all it has ( b18):shock: :shock: :shock:

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16a is fine, its cheap and good power, but naturally b18c is better, dependent on money is dependant on choice

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
b16a is fine, its cheap and good power, but naturally b18c is better, dependent on money is dependant on choice
:werd:

B18C much more expensive, also more work to install.

kotomile

CHB transplant #347
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If I had a nickel for every "B16s suck, get a _____" post, I'd be rich.

There's always a bigger motor to put in, but you can't dwell on what you don't have, sometimes it's OK to be content with a 1.6.

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yes its ok to have a 1.6. even though its not my preference, it doesn't make it wrong to have. after all, isn't it the brain child of honda motors

CrxInvader

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b16a will fit
b16a2 will fit
b18a will fit
why waste money on b16a when u can get a strong b18a...Go for the B18..

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
any b series will fit just the same, but save yourself a ton of hassle of too much wiring or hydro-cable conversions and get a 90-91 b18a. if you plan on boost anyway, thats definitely the engine to go with.

temp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by handlebarsfsr
any b series will fit just the same, but save yourself a ton of hassle of too much wiring or hydro-cable conversions and get a 90-91 b18a. if you plan on boost anyway, thats definitely the engine to go with.

is everyone on this site f**king stupid? you can get cable versions of the b18a tranny or b16a tranny and put it onto any generation b series motor and TADA you have a cable transmission, the only thing i would recommend doing a hydro to cable conversion for is the ITR tranny/motor, and a conversion kit has JUST been released by hasport, its $595 and it comes with their motor mount kit....but f**k hasport

temp

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by CrxInvader
we got a noob on going krazy out here..lol
yes i am my f**king post count, i have never worked on a car and i ride a huffy to work....woe is me :roll: .....we got an idiot who thinks you are your post count here!

sleeepy808

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by temp
is everyone on this site f**king stupid? you can get cable versions of the b18a tranny or b16a tranny and put it onto any generation b series motor and TADA you have a cable transmission, the only thing i would recommend doing a hydro to cable conversion for is the ITR tranny/motor, and a conversion kit has JUST been released by hasport, its $595 and it comes with their motor mount kit....but f**k hasport
well i have a ef9 with a itr motor and did no conversion with the tranny. i jus mated teh b18c block with a ys1 tranny which is a cable tranny and has shorter gears, except for teh final drive, than the desired itr tranny. jus no LSD. no conversion needed