b18 swap into 97 DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

teeEJ6

im planning on doing a b18b1 swap into 97 honda civic dx coupe. i have a few questions. is the headlight harness differnet from the engine harness. and if i do the swap will i have to get a new headlight harness. is this plugged into the ecu. how do i also get my clutch pedal to hook back up to the tranny through the master cylinder. how many diff wire harnesses are in the engine bay?

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It sounds like you need to do quite a bit more research before you do the swap. Use the search tool it'll help a lot faster then waiting for a reply. you won't need a new harness for the headlights, as far as the clutch goes your master cylinder will be fine, I'm pretty sure its the slave cylinder you'll have to worry about

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
slave cylinder will be fine too..im still using my stock one on my swapped motor.
but yes do more research.
you might not even need a new engine harness since your not adding v-tec, but you might need a conversion harness

speedygonzales

Royal Member ~ RonJ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ahh ok. I wasn't sure if the slave cylinder would match up with the transmission

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You shouldn't need a new engine harness since both motors are Non-VTEC. I believe the headlight harness is part of the engine harness. Worst case scenario, you can just solder in a new headlight harness and then shrink tube if need be.

I'm pretty sure the slave cylinder is the same. My friend gave me one off a B16 supposedly and we put it side by side with my factory EX one and they were exactly identical.

teeEJ6

i dont think ill need a new headlight harness. and i wont need a conversion harness beacause its all going to obd2. and i was wondering where i could get a guide of how to plug it all in because i wanna do it right the first time

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont think ill need a new headlight harness. and i wont need a conversion harness beacause its all going to obd2. and i was wondering where i could get a guide of how to plug it all in because i wanna do it right the first time
what i used the first time was..tape and sharpie on each plug/sensor
since you'll use your old harness just take note of where you unplugged it and plug it back in on the new motor..you might have to extend some wires

Status
Not open for further replies.