B18a1 OBD1 Swap into 00 Civic Dx

Alright im pretty sure everyones been asking alot of questions about this swap and posted but ive been reading alot and finding answers but some answers im still curious about. I put together a whole list of what i will try to be getting and what i think i need below. This is gonna be my first time doing a swap for my car so i want everything done right the first time. Im gonna take time to build this motor so its not gonna be a 1 month swap.

The motor that i have is a B18a1 OBD1 came off of a 93 integra. Which is going into my 00 Honda Civic DX OBD2.

Tell me what u think about my list if its right or wrong and what else i would need. I have the questions on my list once u take a look at it. It would be great if they all can be answered!!!

Things I already have:
-B18a1 Block
-B18a1 head
Things I need:
-ECU P75 OBD2 96-00 Integra LS
-Harness- DX harness, you'll have to extend the TPS/MAP sensor plug, and re-pin the IACV<-- I read this on a forum is this true?
-Exhaust Manifold(Megan)<-- 92-93 or 94-01 headers which do i need to fit my car?
-Exhaust(Greddy EVO2)
-B Series Hydro Clutch and flywheel(ACT)
-B Series Hydro Transmission
-Intake Manifold(Skunk2)
-Throttle Body(Skunk2)<--Does it matter what kind of B-Series Stock TB im using if i dont get the skunk2 TB?
-New Gaskets
-Spark Plugs and Wires(NGK)
-Distributor<-- Do i need the b18a1 dist.?
-Alternator<-- Do i need the b18a1 alt.?
-Mounts(Innovative)<-- If i go cheap instead of innovative mounts, which stock mounts would i need?
-Power steering pump (cuz it didnt come with it)
-Axles(Hasport): 90-01 Integra/99-00 Si
-Shift Linkage: 94-01 Integra/99-00 Si

Im pretty sure i went through everything i needed if not please comment. and im sure this will be a great help for alot of other ppl doing this swap cuz its all on one post.=)

barrett

Registered VIP
Things I need:
maybe, depends if your car is obd2a or obd2b and same with integra
-Harness- DX harness, you'll have to extend the TPS/MAP sensor plug, and re-pin the IACV<-- I read this on a forum is this true?
yes thats true
-Exhaust Manifold(Megan)<-- 92-93 or 94-01 headers which do i need to fit my car?
any b18 non vtec header
-Exhaust(Greddy EVO2)
has to match transmission (different trans take different clutches)
-B Series Hydro Transmission
-Intake Manifold(Skunk2)
-Throttle Body(Skunk2)<--Does it matter what kind of B-Series Stock TB im using if i dont get the skunk2 TB?
-New Gaskets
good idea, but not madatory
-Spark Plugs and Wires(NGK)
-Distributor<-- Do i need the b18a1 dist.?
any b series should work
-Alternator<-- Do i need the b18a1 alt.?
any b series should work
-Mounts(Innovative)<-- If i go cheap instead of innovative mounts, which stock mounts would i need?
99-00 si mounts
-Power steering pump (cuz it didnt come with it)
hasport makes it too

what about injectors, fuel rail, etc?

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Things I need:
maybe, depends if your car is obd2a or obd2b and same with integra
the vehicle is a 2000 so it has a OBD2B and the engine is OBD1 so i would suggest you get a OBD1 ecu and conversion harness
has to match transmission (different trans take different clutches)
any hydro b series clutch will work with any hydro trans. you should be fine with an exedy stage 1 LS clutch. or if you have more money to spend go for a type r clutch (more clamping force)
99-00 si mounts
you can use the d series mount if they are still in good condition, but in addition you will need a 99-00 SI rear mount bracket
dont waste your money on hasport axles. get LS axles and these will fit a b-series trans, and your d-series hubs
hasport makes it too
dont waste your money on hasport linkage

Thanks for the help. I already have the stock fuel rail and injectors and all. I been reading a lot about the ecu and wiring that's the only thing im worried about.

Wouldn't the P75 ECU be OBD2B also? so wouldn't i be able to just plug it in? unless i need the OBD1 ECU to match up with the B18a1 that i have.

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
im not sure of the ecu coding but all i know is obd2a and obd2b are different connectors.

but check out this site, this was extremely helpful when i did my b20 swap. it pretty much has everything you need to know regarding wiring.
http://technet.ff-squad.com/

VigLink badge