b18a1 swap in 2000 ek civic

doug8926

My son just bought a 2000 civic with a b18a1 and cable 5 speed in place. he just has to finish
hooking everything up. He said it ran when the other guys and him pulled it out of other car.
what he needs to know is what dizzy does he need. right now it has the p28 ecu with an adapter
harness, he changed the injectors to obd1, and we need to know what dizzy to run. he thinks we
need a obd1 dizzy to match the ecu. before i buy a dizzy, i want to know for sure. the original
dizzy that came on engine is obd0. also what axles do we get .
thanks guys

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
B18A1 is a non-vtec motor, P28 is Vtec ECU, so unless you're planning an LS/Vtec swap, the p28 ECU isn't the right one to have. It's going to throw a CEL whenever he's in higher RPMs, and the fuel maps will be all wacky.

Get a P75 or PR4 ECU, an ODB2->ODB1 Conversion harness for it. Unfortunately I'm not sure what distributor you need, that has always confused me lol. All I know is that 99-00 ODB2b Dizzy plugs are smaller than ODB2a and older.

Axles you should be able to use 94-01 Integra, or 99-00 Civic Si. You'll need the half shaft too.