B18A1 swap

94_civi

Ok I'm thinking about swapping my 94 civic d15b7 for a 90 integra gs b18a1 and I need help. I was wondering what all had to be done to fit correctly it was originally auto b18 but my 94 manny and I know I will need to change the flywheel and pilot bearing but I am stuck from there and I'm not for sure of the wiring harness or even if I need to change the tranny out I know I need to do some more researching but I was just trying for a lil better insight on the whole thing

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Your d-series trans will NOT work. You need a b-series trans if you are putting in a b-series motor. You also need an ecu for the motor you are putting in, plus mounts that adapt the d to the b if I am not mistaken. I would suggest going to town on the search engine and reading EVERYTHING you can. Once your brain is exhausted then come back and ask about stuff you didn't find in your search. This question is asked so much people have stopped answering when the question is as vague as this because the information is very abundant.

Last edited:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
mounts
b series trans/clutch/pp/flywheel(make sure clutch is for same year, 90-91 have smaller input shafts than 92+)
swap over to OBD1
integra axles from same year trans ( there are different halfshafts at some point, make sure you have matching ones)
b series shift linkage