B18c Engine swap into my 02 civic EX

02civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was wondering were i could get some info about putting a B18C engine in my 02 civic if anyone knows anything please let me know thanks.

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
too new of a swap, not enuff people (or any) have any experience or have done this ... i was thinkin of the same thing, you'd be better off with a k series engine in the new 7thgens i would think tho

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
first of all, you're going to have one hell of a time fitting a counter-clockwise rotating motor into your chassis..... tranny, block...... none of it will fit. mounts, linkages, hoses, etc, etc.......... even if you get that figured out you'll have to locate the engine on the driver's side (not on the passenger side, like in your car) which will throw off your balance...... axles probably won't fit...... exhaust manifold...........

it boils down to this: the new civic and integras were not designed to be compatible with the d, b, and h-series motors . it's the beginning of an entirely new generation of parts........

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well...considering the new civics (minus the si) have d-series engines...and since d to b series swaps are easy, then wouldnt it be the same situation on the 7th gen?

SickCiViC

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Rice4Brains"

well...considering the new civics (minus the si) have d-series engines...and since d to b series swaps are easy, then wouldnt it be the same situation on the 7th gen?
no way man. they are completely different types of D series engines. nothing is the same on these new civics. it's like team 4r said, it's a new beginning.

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, just wait for the K20 to become more of a popular swap and get it... its been done already, but its hella expensive...

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "SickCiViC"

Rice4Brains said:
no way man. they are completely different types of D series engines. nothing is the same on these new civics. it's like team 4r said, it's a new beginning.
aahhh...i now see. my dumb assuming ass figured that a d16 would work very similar to a d17...gosh those honda folks are crafty

slambed_civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dude, people gotta learn right? but if you pop the hood of a 7th gen, its weird lookin, its not traditional at all... there isnt a distributor, which really threw me off... and if you own a 7th gen... good luck finding an OEM air filter.... lol well by now someone has to make one... who knows?

02civic

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i have checked out the K20 and it would cost about 10,000 to have it done but i have seen a 7th Gen with a B18C and i was told it was not to bad in price. I have called hasport and they have the engine mounts for it.

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the kit for a b-series into a 7th gen civic....? i find that hard to believe, but if i see that i guess i have to........

i also think it was incredibly poor of honda to name their new sohc motors in the d-series...... should've made it a goddamn m-series... anything would be better than mass confusion............. and you KNOW we are going to see a lot of people mix up d16y and d16a

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
fine.... p-series? im just saying it should have a different name............ don't nit pick buddy

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
the swap has been done, there are mounts out for it, its not easy, but its not that hard, and its very much illegal if your in a state like cali. honestly totaly not worth it in this car. you lose your new car warranty and everything, and you paid a lot of money to get a new car with a new engine. find a high mileage eg and put the b18c in that. you'll spend less money to buy the second car than to pay for the extra labor, wiring work, and engine mounts. you also get the flexibility of 2 cars, you keep your warranty and reliability, and you have a significantly faster car (the eg's are several hundred lbs lighter than a new civic)

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by "Team 4R"

fine.... p-series? im just saying it should have a different name............ don't nit pick buddy
oh...i wasnt nit picking...i thought the m-series was an actual engine somewhere that my uneducated ass didnt know about