B18c1 Motor With B16b pistons....

JDM_legendsB18c

Be_DeVoTeD
5+ Year Member
yes, you actually can. I would use that for my setup.

Civicracer876

5+ Year Member
What do you mean hope i like race gas?? so r u sure i can use those pistons on my gsr rods?

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Revolver said:
Hope you like race gas.
ummm.. no. with the right tune, you can run very high compression on pump gas. the 11.3 or so he'll be running is perfectly fine on 93 octane.

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Handlebars said:
ummm.. no. with the right tune, you can run very high compression on pump gas. the 11.3 or so he'll be running is perfectly fine on 93 octane.
Isn't it higher than that? Like ~12.5.

You are right about the tuning part, if you can get 93. I sure as hell can't lol.

edit- Seeing around 11.8+ from what I can find, I was wrong. And if its 11.8 that can be done on 91.

wmertz

~multi-colored beast~
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
JDM_legendsB18c said:
yep. Is your head built?
that dont matter.. i used itr rods on my pistons.. your gsr's should be fine

Civicracer876

5+ Year Member
no my head is not built it is stock... but what i what i want to do is raise the compression and have some mild cams like ctr or itrs so what would u guys reccomend for my setup
i will have hondata s200 a stage1 exedy clutch kit and flywheel 9.75 lb and skunk2 intake mani and 4-1 dc sports headers with a throttle bosy from skunk2 but i dunno what size to get yet, and skunk2 full exhaust and injen short ram so please gimmie sum ideas and let my know bout ur experiences with you b18c1's =)

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd get stronger valve springs, you're gonna be putting alot more stress on the springs when they recoil.

JDM_legendsB18c

Be_DeVoTeD
5+ Year Member
Well yeah. Dual valve springs will retain more compression. It will gve you better performance and durability. The funnest thing is that you can withstand all the way up to 10k rpm!

Slick_99

RIP 99'
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16 pistons will fit in a B18 block? Sorry for the noob question and thread jack, but I know jackshit about engines.