B18C1 Wiring into a 1994 honda civic

Junk_yard_civic

Okay guys this is my second time doing a motor swap but my first time putting a vtech motor into my car. I wired everything up the way it shows in forums and for some reason I have a check engine light and my car idles at 2000 rpms and when I drive it the idle keeps getting higher when I put it into neutral. What could possibly be causing this. I've been stumped for like a week now and I could really use some help here please

Mr.Baker

Mr. Search
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have you checked to see what the code is for the CEL? That would be a good start...

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Under the glove box theres a plug i believe its blue or brown not plugged into anything jump that and turn the key to ACC and count the cel flashes those are your codes.

And check that your iac and iat sensors are not backwards they have the same plug end and can be backwards. If still no good try cleaning the iac they get carbon stuck and dont close sometimes

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Junk_yard_civic

Well I never took the wiring harness off the motor so it can be that so it has to be the iac. I've already ordered a new one going that will fix my problem. Also will a faulty iac throw a CEL

btk2334

could always try running with the iacv unplugged, will def throw a code, but may stabilize the idle, ive had this work for me on occasion in the past