B20B Issues

Roadjack

Body is in excellent shape.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Nice lookin car, you will be happy with a proper running B20, in my hatch it was a torque monster. Are the motors from auto or standard trans donors?

Sent from my boujea ass phone

Roadjack

I think the first one was a manual because i have a CRV trans too. Not sure about the one I swapped in.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I only ask cause back when i bought my jdm b20 it was an auto and i put my 5sp ls cams in it, used a micrometer and there was a diff from the auto to 5sp cams. Just an idea if your trying to squeeze out all you can..

Roadjack

I'm finally ready to order phearables ecu. I need to fill out his form and im not sure what compression I have or my rev limit. Google searches aren't very clear.
I have a JDM b20b with a p75 head. Should be out of a 97-98.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Did the jdm motor come with the very tall intake manifold or normal?

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
I had the same one im not exact on the numbers but i believe it is the low compression version of the B20

Roadjack

The year is stamped on the head above the exhaust manifold.

If you have a stock B20B, then the wiki page tells you everything you need to know.
If its a 97, compression is 9.2:1 and if its 98, its 9.6:1?

Roadjack

So its a 9/8. But i keep seeing evidence that can point to either 8.8:1, 9.2:1, or 9.6:1 and I don't want to tell phearable the wrong compression for my tune.
9.6:1 is listed for a 98 but I dont have a knock sensor.
9.2:1 is listed for a 97 but it also has 8.8:1 listed for 96-98.

Last edited:

Roadjack

I don't know why you think the KS info is relevant.

Send the 98 wiki info to Phearable.
Because it DOES NOT have a knock sensor. I don't know why you think your opinion is relevant when im asking for factual information. If Wikipedia's info tells me i have a motor that comes with a knock sensor and my motor DOES NOT have a knock sensor, that info wouldn't be correct would it? I need answers, not your attitude with ever response.

Roadjack

I love drama llamas...

Where do you see wiki stating that the JDM B20B has a KS? Maybe I missed it.
A 9.6:1 ratio comes with a knock sensor. If its telling me I have a 9.6:1 high compression motor, I would have a knock sensor but I don't. I getting tired of giving you more and more information while you comment useless replies with no valuable info.

Roadjack

Straight from honda-tech:

"If your B20 does NOT have a knock sensor, it is not the 9.6:1 compression motor."

Roadjack

Its not just HT saying this. Every source I can find tells me all high compression b20b motors come with knock sensors. If mine does not have a knock sensor, then it can't be high compression. Now i don't know if my motor would be 9.2 or 8.8. But I can't find info with any specific answer what my comp is.

civteck

Respected
Registered VIP
Now, now kids play nice... op lets see some pics of the stamping on the head and the block numbers, pics are worth 1k insults here... then my wise ass will come out lol

Roadjack

I emailed phearable and they said they would calculate the compression while doing the tune.
I will try to remember to snap a pic tomorrow.