b20z question

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok so a friend of mine picked up an itr to swap into his crv, idk why, but he just wanted to. Anyways, he offered me his b20z for 100 bucks. it has 127k on it but, 1 of the cylinders have nearly 0 compression, he says he thinks an intake valve just got bent because it sounds like his ls that the valves bent on....I just wanted to know other peoples inputs on what it may be because i dont want to get into something thats junk...

Trekk

Registered VIP
If he did a wet compression test and nothing changed its bent or maybe burt. Just pull the head off and take a look.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Maybe it's just me for I would take almost any legit B swap for $100.... This just gives you an excuse to build it and boost it ;).

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
not a fan of boost at all, just more things to go wrong, but yeah I think im going to buy it anyways, I figure its only 100, and at worse i could have it fixed cheaper then another b swap.

emerican

Registered VIP
id get it since you dont nessaily need it worst case it sits on an engine stand and you can work on it whenever you got the money wont find another for that cheap odds are.