Back in WA, out of Hondas again (Legacy GT)

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
After seeing so many episodes of Mighty Car Mods, I'm starting to think about a Legacy myself. I'm more familiar with Hondas, but unless I run into a good 5 speed Integra sedan when I get the funds together I might just be going Subie for my next car.
Learn about the common issues, and what to look for before purchasing.

Anyway the LGT had an issue. Seemed that injector #4 was a POS. While troubleshooting I damaged another injector so I ended up buying a set that had been cleaned and flow tested. Put the two "new" injectors in #2 and #4 and she runs pretty good. Unfortunately I have a slight whine coming from the front passer wheel I need to address now. School starts Tuesday so I need to get off my ass.

I did FINALLY finish one of these...

Just need to bolt on the coolant lines and it's ready for the chopping block.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Nothing much recently. Misfire came back. Car has incredible compression and leak down results. It's not the coil/injector/plug. Time to start looking for vacuum leaks.

I did some exterior touching up lol

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Well misfire ended up being too tight of valve clearance on #4 exhaust valves. So then we did the following.....

1) Finished the 1.9l turbo 5spd swap on the rabbit and got it out of my way.

2) Sighed heavily and limped the Legacy into the shop.

3) Spent 4.5 hours, half a can of Skoal and two Monsters pulling the engine.

4) Mounted her, on our engine stand.

Barring any destruction of exhaust cams during the teardown, might be able to get the heads torn off before the Seahawks game tomorrow.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
I bought the Legacy to have AWD for the winters (and because I didn't have the flat out cash for an Evo). Car has never even seen freezing temps in my possession. Oh well, always good to have a money pit project right?

Ripped everything off the top of the engine, turbo off. Would have the cam gears off but didn't have a 10mm allen socket to use the impact on them. So I called it a day. Oh and the Hawks won sooooo, not a bad Sunday.

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
Registered VIP
Small update:

All head machining is done, just need to set the valve clearances (buy any buckets if need be).
Purchasing a complete silicon engine hose kit (43 hoses)
Couldn't save the lightweight flywheel so going with an OEM single mass flywheel
Removing all the oil screens in the feed lines to the AVCS and turbo feed.
Hopefully going with a custom tune from Cobb Surgeline in Portland.
Midpipe delete
New front struts
Replacing right rear wheel bearing.
f**k this car is a pain.